2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?

PB Forum :: Downhill
2009 giant glory dh or 2009 trek session 88?
O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
No sh#t he rides for Evil. there's nothing your saying I don't get or haven't heard upteen times before. seems like you have Trek and bonti on the brain... screw anyone who feels differently......I get it.. We were building his new evil and just because you think the 88 is the best thing ever doesn't make it so... If I get info from someone who I trust their opinion I'm listening...He doesn't need to sell me on any bike he or anyone else is riding for....I make up my own decisions. and I respect those who have far more insight on how a bike rides than you or I will ever be able to understand.
lmao, thomas for trek, are you serious?
haha groms these days.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:17 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
No sh#t he rides for Evil. there's nothing your saying I don't get or haven't heard upteen times before. seems like you have Trek and bonti on the brain... screw anyone who feels differently......I get it.. We were building his new evil and just because you think the 88 is the best thing ever doesn't make it so... If I get info from someone who I trust their opinion I'm listening...He doesn't need to sell me on any bike he or anyone else is riding for....I make up my own decisions. and I respect those who have far more insight on how a bike rides than you or I will ever be able to understand.
You obviously have no comprehension of the point I'm trying to make. Here let's try it again, slowly.
-Vanderham rides for Evil.
-Evil and Trek both offer DH bikes
-Therefore they are competing companies
-If Evil is paying Vanderham to Rep their product
-Vanderham will not hype up another companies product

Do you comprehend?

I do not ride Trek. I ride a Cannondale Judge. Why would I have Session 88 on the brain. I'm just trying to bash some common sense into ya.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
You obviously have no comprehension of the point I'm trying to make. Here let's try it again, slowly.

Do you comprehend?

I do not ride Trek. I ride a Cannondale Judge. Why would I have Session 88 on the brain. I'm just trying to bash some common

sense into ya.

You seem to think any comment or conversation from Thomas is jaded about any other bike or company. If I have conversation in great detail with someone about something he has ridden and gives his feedback about a bike whether he rides for them or not... In your opinion he just talking sh#t if doesn't go your way. I actually think shandro would blow sunshine up my back side before Thomas would. Shandros a salesman. we all know it. When I see billinghurst I will ask his opinion because he is on one and I don't think he would lie to me. and if I commented on the info Thomas told me I'm sure he would address those issues... There is nothing you can tell me about this bike or any other that I can't get a real opinion from someone who actually knows their stuff FOR REAL....

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:41 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
dinkboy wrote:

Do you comprehend?

I do not ride Trek. I ride a Cannondale Judge. Why would I have Session 88 on the brain. I'm just trying to bash some common

sense into ya.

You seem to think any comment or conversation from Thomas is jaded about any other bike or company. If I have conversation in great detail with someone about something he has ridden and gives his feedback about a bike whether he rides for them or not... In your opinion he just talking sh#t if doesn't go your way. I actually think shandro would blow sunshine up my back side before Thomas would. Shandros a salesman. we all know it. When I see billinghurst I will ask his opinion because he is on one and I don't think he would lie to me. and if I commented on the info Thomas told me I'm sure he would address those issues... There is nothing you can tell me about this bike or any other that I can't get a real opinion from someone who actually knows their stuff FOR REAL....
first off, i could care less about what thomas thinks about a DOWNHILL bike, he needs a 12 lb frame to do the hucks he does. the session is a pure downhill race frame. and secondly, still, thomas he is what we call sponsored, which means he's paid, a lot of money, to sell evil. he's not gonna have anything nice to say about the session, he probabply doesn't like the glory either.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:42 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
Next time you are next to a 88 tap your fingers nails on the tubing it sounds super thin so my buddy thought he could get the side wall to flex in...
thats not even a reasonable test for determining tubing thickness.

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
z-man wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

Do you comprehend?

sense into ya.

first off, i could care less about what thomas thinks about a DOWNHILL bike, he needs a 12 lb frame to do the hucks he does. the session is a pure downhill race frame. and secondly, still, thomas he is what we call sponsored, which means he's paid, a lot of money, to sell evil. he's not gonna have anything nice to say about the session, he probabply doesn't like the glory either.
although they sell a fr version

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 23:46 Quote
me-likey-DH wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
Next time you are next to a 88 tap your fingers nails on the tubing it sounds super thin so my buddy thought he could get the side wall to flex in...
thats not even a reasonable test for determining tubing thickness.
You are so right . It's a long story the comment was about the rumors going around about how thin walled the tubing is that if you push on it you can flex it in.

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 0:20 Quote
me2menow wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
The tubing is so thin walled and there is rumors of it getting hit and denting easier than other bikes... so he was seeing if he could get it to push in with his thumbs overlapped while gripping the tube.... Instead of new bike I should have said new dented frame...
i dont think you can dent any bike with your hand. retarded rumor

I have a Ti frame with tubing that I can compress with my hands.

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
dinkboy wrote:

Do you comprehend?

sense into ya.

Derrrr...You don't thin Vanderham is a salesman as well? He gets paid to rep Evil and in turn sell their product. If you are paid to sell a product doesn't that make you a salesman?
Name drop much? You know all these pros you must be kind of a big deal!Rolleyes
So let me get this straight. You would rather get an opinion on the 88 from someone who rides for a different company and gets paid to rep their OWN product? You would take that over someone who has ridden the bike, is not being paid by Trek and has indifference towards Trek either way?

I bet you get all your opinions on bikes from Magazines as well...lol

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:
So let me get this straight. You would rather get an opinion on the 88 from someone who rides for a different company and gets paid to rep their OWN product? You would take that over someone who has ridden the bike, is not being paid by Trek and has indifference towards Trek either way?

that sounds like a case for common sense

Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
bonfire wrote:
me2menow wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
The tubing is so thin walled and there is rumors of it getting hit and denting easier than other bikes... so he was seeing if he could get it to push in with his thumbs overlapped while gripping the tube.... Instead of new bike I should have said new dented frame...
i dont think you can dent any bike with your hand. retarded rumor

I have a Ti frame with tubing that I can compress with my hands.
what kind of frame?

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
dinkboy wrote:
Dead Horse

can people please stop leaving blank messages with these?

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
Don't really have to, look at the context.

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 8:05 Quote
mtnbker395 wrote:
dinkboy wrote:
Dead Horse

can people please stop leaving blank messages with these?

Why? No message is needed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011650
Mobile Version of Website