Setting up an Enduro SL's suspension

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Setting up an Enduro SL's suspension
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
Tight. Well, hopefully one of these beasties will be mine for around $2100 USD, brand new '08 comp. Nice price, huh?

I got mine around a month ago, and I picked it up for 1900 USD. It was ridden three times on pavement, and showed up (and still is), brand spankin' new! Not only that, but the brakes were upgraded to Juicy 7's. It was a black comp for a great deal, even after the conversion to CAD $, which I had to pay.

In the end, it's all worth it.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:11 Quote
runner wrote:
Remember that (to Specialized) the frame is the front triangle, and the rear triangle and links are "suspension components."

Mehh. If I ever broke any part of the frame from natural wear and tear, I'd never ride Specialized again (I'm 130 lb., which makes this perfectly reasonable). I don't know how they do it, but the bikes are super light and super strong.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
Rapid Rob, I can't help but notice what seems to be like great fun the guy in the profile picture of yours is having (is that you?). I'm not making any assumptions, just observations...Camera

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
[Quoten]I got mine around a month ago, and I picked it up for 1900 USD. It was ridden three times on pavement, and showed up (and still is), brand spankin' new! Not only that, but the brakes were upgraded to Juicy 7's. It was a black comp for a great deal, even after the conversion to CAD $, which I had to pay.
[/Quoten]

Where did you get that? (i.e. Bike shop, PinkBike, etc.)
And did it come with the warranty, too?

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
[Quoten]I got mine around a month ago, and I picked it up for 1900 USD. It was ridden three times on pavement, and showed up (and still is), brand spankin' new! Not only that, but the brakes were upgraded to Juicy 7's. It was a black comp for a great deal, even after the conversion to CAD $, which I had to pay.
[/Quoten]

Where did you get that? (i.e. Bike shop, PinkBike, etc.)
And did it come with the warranty, too?

You're not going to believe this, but off eBay. I know, I'd rather not have gotten it there either, but the price was right. If it was up to me, an Enduro off Pinkbike is probably safer and easier Salute , but it's here now, and in store model condition at a good price.

As for the warranty, I'm not too sure yet. I registered the bike on Specialized's website, which went fine, and have a solid proof of purchase. I'm good enough friends with the local bike shops that if I brought it in for warranty, I think they'd send it back to Specialized without asking questions. I cross my fingers that I'll never have to test that theory.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 21:10 Quote
Yeah, nice deal. The one I would most likely get is brand-new in shop, so $2100 USD isn't bad.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
AMBikerJJ8 wrote:
Yeah, nice deal. The one I would most likely get is brand-new in shop, so $2100 USD isn't bad.

Defs. Particularly since you're an American buyer, and don't need to do currency conversion.

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 6:29 Quote
the warranty sounded real nice at first and thats one of the reasons i bought it, i was breaking other bikes, and i allways liked the spesh bikes i had. But after two parts were replaced in nine months, they said they would'nt give me anymore and that i would be charged for anything else. Lost all respect for spesh, and for the bike. Others may love it for trail riding, but if you want to do anything other than XC, i would consider another rig.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
Just got done putting this bike back together, this 2009 Domain 318 dominates the E150! Gonna add a coil shock soon. It changed up the geometry, and made the head tube angle a little steeper which feels great.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
RapidRob wrote:
Just got done putting this bike back together, this 2009 Domain 318 dominates the E150! Gonna add a coil shock soon. It changed up the geometry, and made the head tube angle a little steeper which feels great.

snip

[/PI]

looks hot
u sure about a coil shock? ive heard great things about the spesh shocks
and theres always things like dhx air and rocco air

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
what do u use ur bike for R.Rob? Domains and coil schocks are damm heavy for an Enduro...i mean, bikes that uses such parts are bikes that are at least doing some freeriding...are u freeriding this bike?

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
unless your riding slower technical stuff I think a steeper headtube defeats the purpose for which the bike was built? 2 cents Very confused

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 6:28 Quote
pperini wrote:
what do u use ur bike for R.Rob? Domains and coil schocks are damm heavy for an Enduro...i mean, bikes that uses such parts are bikes that are at least doing some freeriding...are u freeriding this bike?
I use this bike for slopestyle, urban, freeride and downhill. I'm no weight weenie, and could'nt care less about the weight, its about 8 pounds lighter than my DH bike so it feels light to me. Plus the domian is only one pound heavier than the E150. I had done some 12' drops with the factory suspension, and was told before i bought it from a specialized bike dealer that it could handle up to 10' drops, but they lied. So now i'm setting it up for FR/DH. The suspension feels 100000 times better than the factory spesh stuff, and the rear shock on it now has held up, but is still not as responsive as a coil.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
Here's what i'm using it for.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
The E150 is meant to be uber plush, so good choice on switching it out for the domain for more aggressive riding. I would hold off on the rear shock personally. It has a 5 year warranty and according to the spec sales rep for my shop, is supposed to hold up to some pretty good abuse

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.041343
Mobile Version of Website