photo crit thread

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
photo crit thread
Author Message
Posted: May 1, 2011 at 18:19 Quote
coaster156 wrote:
Tilt shift lenses offer a perfect DOF for one line in a frame. The first picture does not demonstrate that, rather it shows that the people are in focus, and then the sides (such as the car in the same line to the right) aren't in focus.

The second one is good.

Also, tilt shift always looks good I find when you apply it/shoot it with certain types of scenery/landscape shots.

My personal example:Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/23573_108955899132706_100000548886868_166700_6029393_n.jpg

oh ok. Ya I have no where nearly enough money to buy on of those lenses Razz thanks for the tip.

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 18:25 Quote
What do tilt shift lenses actually do...?

Do they create an insanely and amazingly short DOF, or do they just screw with the focus on the top/bottom before the light hits the sensor?

Posted: May 1, 2011 at 19:12 Quote
shred-nz-media wrote:
What do tilt shift lenses actually do...?

Do they create an insanely and amazingly short DOF, or do they just screw with the focus on the top/bottom before the light hits the sensor?
They adjust the focal plane is such a way that one particular segment of the frame (eg: 36% to 40%) is in perfect focus regardless of where the points of interest are in the particular segment. This concept is called the Scheimpflug Principle. Look here for more info.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:01 Quote

Critique Please!

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:10 Quote
Good shot, but it shouldn't be in b&w as the colours of the dirt, grass and riders look like they would be interesting. composititon is okay...I would have maybe tried going back and to the left a bit, then tilting the camera right to attempt to get the rider more in the bottom left of the shot and the riders over more...maybe even see some sky. Also lower your aperture a bit.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:16 Quote
It was shot at f5.6...how low would you recommend? Black and white works - the colours don't work so well due to the dust, and the riders shorts clashes with the deeper green of the vegetation.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
Taken at Smithville Lake, Missouri.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224044_1782059156702_1396140690_31734467_1540893_n.jpg

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:38 Quote
Have you gave a crit in this thread fly4fun? I recommend reading this threads rules before you magically can't post here any more.


For F sake, before I could even post this another person flew in with another photo, if either of you would like to come back in the room, PM me.

RULES
1. please abide by forum rules, I do not want this thread locked.
2. Please do not post more then two photos at a time
3. only post photos you have the wrights to.
4. when quoting pictures reduce the size please.
5. please give feed back before you post your own photo's.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 10:52 Quote
j-peters wrote:
Have you gave a crit in this thread fly4fun? I recommend reading this threads rules before you magically can't post here any more.


For F sake, before I could even post this another person flew in with another photo, if either of you would like to come back in the room, PM me.

RULES
1. please abide by forum rules, I do not want this thread locked.
2. Please do not post more then two photos at a time
3. only post photos you have the wrights to.
4. when quoting pictures reduce the size please.
5. please give feed back before you post your own photo's.

Critique,your over reacting as the dude has 40 posts and maybe not fully aware of the rules,give him a chance as the thread won't be removed for one wrong post.

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 11:29 Quote
marquis wrote:
j-peters wrote:
Have you gave a crit in this thread fly4fun? I recommend reading this threads rules before you magically can't post here any more.


For F sake, before I could even post this another person flew in with another photo, if either of you would like to come back in the room, PM me.

RULES
1. please abide by forum rules, I do not want this thread locked.
2. Please do not post more then two photos at a time
3. only post photos you have the wrights to.
4. when quoting pictures reduce the size please.
5. please give feed back before you post your own photo's.

Critique,your over reacting as the dude has 40 posts and maybe not fully aware of the rules,give him a chance as the thread won't be removed for one wrong post.

Fair enough

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 12:26 Quote
You should edit the title or something, as it seems apparent most people dont read the first page Razz

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 12:26 Quote
fly4fun wrote:
It was shot at f5.6...how low would you recommend? Black and white works - the colours don't work so well due to the dust, and the riders shorts clashes with the deeper green of the vegetation.
3.5 maybe? and okay I would still like to see it though Big Grin

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 12:27 Quote
marquis wrote:
j-peters wrote:
Have you gave a crit in this thread fly4fun? I recommend reading this threads rules before you magically can't post here any more.


For F sake, before I could even post this another person flew in with another photo, if either of you would like to come back in the room, PM me.

RULES
1. please abide by forum rules, I do not want this thread locked.
2. Please do not post more then two photos at a time
3. only post photos you have the wrights to.
4. when quoting pictures reduce the size please.
5. please give feed back before you post your own photo's.

Critique,your over reacting as the dude has 40 posts and maybe not fully aware of the rules,give him a chance as the thread won't be removed for one wrong post.
Overeacting lolwut

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 12:28 Quote
davvi wrote:
fly4fun wrote:
It was shot at f5.6...how low would you recommend? Black and white works - the colours don't work so well due to the dust, and the riders shorts clashes with the deeper green of the vegetation.
3.5 maybe? and okay I would still like to see it though Big Grin
you shouldn't shoot at the largest aperture as the image will not be as sharp

Posted: May 2, 2011 at 12:29 Quote
mhopper wrote:
davvi wrote:
fly4fun wrote:
It was shot at f5.6...how low would you recommend? Black and white works - the colours don't work so well due to the dust, and the riders shorts clashes with the deeper green of the vegetation.
3.5 maybe? and okay I would still like to see it though Big Grin
you shouldn't shoot at the largest aperture as the image will not be as sharp
depends on the lens really, some lenses work better at a bigger aperture.


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025573
Mobile Version of Website