photo crit thread

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
photo crit thread
Author Message
Posted: May 12, 2015 at 6:17 Quote
I like this one, however I think the riders legs and bike sort of get lost in the background, as you can see its not the most evenly lit backdrop, anything i could do to make them a bit clearer?\


Posted: May 25, 2015 at 14:13 Quote
Sam Hill at worlds Mont Saint Anne

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 9:53 Quote
chrispaulcx wrote:
Photo credit weedfart adam mis

I quite like that one, perhaps wider lens or if you were further back might have been better as
the environment would provide contrast. This and clothing, the one thing that pops at the moment
is the goggle strap where Ideally it should be rider/bike.

Just my 2c.

Posted: May 29, 2015 at 10:11 Quote
Here's a chance to return the favour,
my two favourites from the other day:

I love this place there s so much to do we ve spent the whole day there

I love this place there s so much to do we ve spent the whole day there

Posted: Jun 5, 2015 at 16:40 Quote
Milko3D wrote:
chrispaulcx wrote:
Photo credit weedfart adam mis

I quite like that one, perhaps wider lens or if you were further back might have been better as
the environment would provide contrast. This and clothing, the one thing that pops at the moment
is the goggle strap where Ideally it should be rider/bike.

Just my 2c.

Thanks! I agree for sure.

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 0:28 Quote
Here's another one from last weekend.

At first I was disappointed that the tree sliced the rider in half in the shot,
but then I thought it's kinda cool actually, if you squint a bit it almost looks like
he's going between the frames of a film reel...oh well, maybe it's just me.

Awesome day out with Adam after a slightly late start sorry . The sun came out in the afternoon after we were already done for the day but we managed to take some okay looking shots despite that.

Any thoughts, comments or critique is most welcome!
Perhaps check out the rest of the album, you might notice a mistake that I keep repeating?

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 16:33 Quote
Milko3D wrote:
Here's another one from last weekend.

At first I was disappointed that the tree sliced the rider in half in the shot,
but then I thought it's kinda cool actually, if you squint a bit it almost looks like
he's going between the frames of a film reel...oh well, maybe it's just me.

Awesome day out with Adam after a slightly late start sorry . The sun came out in the afternoon after we were already done for the day but we managed to take some okay looking shots despite that.

Any thoughts, comments or critique is most welcome!
Perhaps check out the rest of the album, you might notice a mistake that I keep repeating?

Cheers!

All the photos in that album are way under exposed, try shooting in aperture priority mode if you're struggling in manual. As for the tree, if there were lots of trees it could add interest to the shot but just one is distracting.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 0:28 Quote
SamJT wrote:
All the photos in that album are way under exposed, try shooting in aperture priority mode if you're struggling in manual. As for the tree, if there were lots of trees it could add interest to the shot but just one is distracting.

Thanks for the feedback!
Point taken about the trees, I guess I'm still emotionally attached to my photos and that's skewing my judgement.

That's interesting about the exposure, perhaps my monitor is in need of calibration,
I'll check them out on another device as they look properly exposed here :/
I'll see if they have sRGB instead of Adobe98 also, by the way are you on a wide gamut display by any chance?
Gotta investigate now.

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 5:15 Quote
Milko3D wrote:
SamJT wrote:
All the photos in that album are way under exposed, try shooting in aperture priority mode if you're struggling in manual. As for the tree, if there were lots of trees it could add interest to the shot but just one is distracting.

Thanks for the feedback!
Point taken about the trees, I guess I'm still emotionally attached to my photos and that's skewing my judgement.

That's interesting about the exposure, perhaps my monitor is in need of calibration,
I'll check them out on another device as they look properly exposed here :/
I'll see if they have sRGB instead of Adobe98 also, by the way are you on a wide gamut display by any chance?
Gotta investigate now.

Cheers!

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12370053/ - really under exposed, it's definitely not my monitor Smile

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 9:25 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12370053/ - really under exposed, it's definitely not my monitor Smile

I actually meant that mine needed calibration Wink

Posted: Jun 26, 2015 at 9:36 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
Milko3D wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/12370053/ - really under exposed, it's definitely not my monitor Smile

I actually meant that mine needed calibration Wink

I was referencing you saying I may have had a wide gamut monitor Smile

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 18:22 Quote
just started taking photos a month ago, would love some feedback and advice.


First attempt at a panning shot

Posted: Aug 16, 2015 at 2:20 Quote
m1ck3yz wrote:
Sam Hill at worlds Mont Saint Anne

hi, the composition is not so bad but you have shot at 5.6 aperture in my opinion in these type of photos you have to close it to 7.1 or 8 to have more details about people that are looking the rider

have a good light man...see you...


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025650
Mobile Version of Website