PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Kenda krad's vs holy rollers
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 10:14 Quote
what do you boys prefer? im in the market

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
k rads = puncture HELL Madder

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
neither are particularly great. table top folding are great on trails or parks, much better than both and weigh a considerable amount less. spend some money and you get good tyres

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
Personally I am a huge fan of Holy Rollers. I have been using them for years and years without any issues. On my 26 x 2.4 I run them at 50psi with regular tubes. As long as you use them for what they're intended for they will work great. That intended use being hardpack and street use.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 12:02 Quote
the Holy Rollers are about 100g heavier so if you are focused on weight I'd say Krads I use K-Rads and haven't had any issues with them.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
kenda k rads r the cheep street tyers there hroible they slip al the time i rode with a pair

holler rollers r so nicer

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
owned both and k-rads SUCK,
holy rollers are 100 times better.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
krads are the devil

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
krads look, roll and grip nice.
but the sidewalls blow out very easy Mad

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 14:38 Quote
i loved my krads until they kept blowing up and puncturing. plus they always slipped out in the wet. holy rollers as well worth the extra wieght

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
I would say Holy Rollers, they have much better grip. K-rads so far have been mediocre. I haven't any troubles with punctures but I have slid out on surfaces that the tires really shouldn't have had any troubles with mainly when its raining.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 17:45 Quote
Holy Rollers > K-Rads imo

I've had both- i like the holy rollers better- they are better for dirt- if the soil is wet they do not slip out nearly as much as the krads

edit: actually- I have both.... just on different bikes.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 19:53 Quote
i didnt like the fact that holy rollers the sidewalls ripped out, easily, and punctured really easy, i personally am rocking krads now, they roll alot faster a lil lighter, i dont mind them so far, but i may try swalbes or dmr motos, they seem pretty good also, its all personal opinion

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
well i haven't used holy rollers but i ran a set of 24x2.3 k rads front n back and they were good if it was dry but in the wet i would loose traction just from pedaling! i wouldn't recommend them, there are better tires out there.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
i have krads right now, ive only slipped out on them once, and that was when i was going around a turn and hit a wet spot. they handle great for me at the DJs, on street, and just cruising. never had a problem with punctures, and ive ridden them through thick brush and weeds. theyre great tires.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010202
Mobile Version of Website