Black Market MOB or Cannondale Chase? Opinions please!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Black Market MOB or Cannondale Chase? Opinions please!
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
blkmrktsissypedals wrote:
lol you status made me laugh cause were talking about idiots.

EDIT: "caveman" moment.^

My status has been that for awhile:P can't even remember why i said I was an idiotlol the chase is lighter and quite nice but aluminium Frown so because the mob is steal and cheaper than a chase frame im gonna say mob

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:26 Quote
Well i like my Chase but ive never had the chance to ride a MOB so i dont know Razz But my chase handles perfectly for me Smile

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:46 Quote
mac-on-the-mob wrote:
blkmrktsissypedals wrote:
lol you status made me laugh cause were talking about idiots.

EDIT: "caveman" moment.^

My status has been that for awhile:P can't even remember why i said I was an idiotlol the chase is lighter and quite nice but aluminium Frown so because the mob is steal and cheaper than a chase frame im gonna say mob

The chase is more expensive than a mob??? What an overpriced hunk of aluminum junk! The mob's are overpriced as is, I'd say if you like steel get a kona shonky. If you like aluminum find something cheaper!

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
06 chase retailed at £599 the 06 mobs retailed at £550, both handmade in the usa, both air hardened but the mob is made with a more expensive material, mob is also made in smaller numbers making shipping and building costs greater yet still cheaper than a chase.

I agree both are overpriced and could be a lot cheaper but it doesn't stop folk from buying them

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
I got mine 250 gbp second hand and the guy had all the documents showing he bought it for around 600 in 2006... And he had barely rode it, infact i dont even believe he had rode it at all... Bargain Big Grin

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
It is tough to compare the Mob to a Chase. Completely different in so many ways. I actually like the Chase frame. If I were looking for an aluminum frame it would be one of my choices. But steel is real and the Mob is one of the best frames out there.

The weight difference is miniscule when comparing the ride characteristics of a steel frame. I would trade the 1 lb difference any day for a frame that feels as good as it does.

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
i'm saving up for a riot... the dudes at my bike shop are sikk and they build custom blkmrkt bikes and sell em' so i'm lucky. the riot got sold so i'm all can you make another? dudes all "i could probably throw together one more" of the same one so inside i was all YESSSSSS! so yeah my dad just came in said " yeah that'll happen (talking about gettin it)" then he closes door then comes back in and is like "maybe...." so i'm happy. only prob with the bike is that it has an RST launch fork... my friend has one and they SUCK so i'm gonna buy a new fork ASAP... thats my story. yeah

-TannerWhip

Posted: Dec 17, 2008 at 20:29 Quote
plus the mob isnt made by the imfamous crackandfail no but ive riden both and i own a riot and the mob is defintly better

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
caravanking wrote:
mob ftw
dude your NS is so sexy how did you get the fork colour while keeping the writing??

Posted: Dec 18, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
bikedobermann wrote:
caravanking wrote:
mob ftw
dude your NS is so sexy how did you get the fork colour while keeping the writing??

He has 05 forks and 06 sticker work that one out:P but yeah ask on his noticeboard don't ruin the consistency of this thread:P

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
mac-on-the-mob wrote:
bikedobermann wrote:
caravanking wrote:
mob ftw

He has 05 forks and 06 sticker work that one out:P but yeah ask on his noticeboard don't ruin the consistency of this thread:P
its a 2007 lower from a knackered dj2-upper from an 04 dj3 and 2007 springs so it could be lowered to 75mm without cutting the springs,painted to match the frame and stickered up with 2006 dj1 stickers that i ordered through work. just to answer the question Beer

Posted: Dec 19, 2008 at 9:14 Quote
willbikeforbeer wrote:
Unsubscribe "click"

Woah, Cool Rolleyes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013409
Mobile Version of Website