The Official Blue Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - East
The Official Blue Mountain Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 13:28 Quote
Well a new forum brings on the need for a new Blue mountain thread!

I went up yesterday and it was awesome as usual. The lift lines weren't too long and the trails wern't in too bad shape. It was the first time that I actually rode the new Commencal downhill and I absolutly love the thing. It felt right at home on the rocky rooty stuff over on the South Side (Big Sleeze, The Wall, Grab Bag, etc) and the bike was pushing me to go faster and faster by the gondola (Autobahan and Showcase).

I almost killed myself and a few others a couple times. I came flying out of the exit of O-Chute and R-Shore and there was a group of about 5 kids standing right in the middle of the trail. I'm yelling and screaming at them, " Get the f**k out of the way!!!" and they are yelling back at me to get out of their way. What the douce!? Where the hell am I supposed to go? The other time I was cooking down autobahan coming into the big sweeping right hand berm into the downhill before you go back up hill and would have hit a jump. Anyways, there was thing Middle Eastern family standing almost right on the trail before the berm... I was riding the left hand side of the trail and almost clipped em with my bar. A) I would have gone flying off my bike and B) The person that I would have clipped could have gotten seriously hurt.

Anyways, two more weekends of bike operations... who is going up? I want to see if I can get back up there for next weekend.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 16:31 Quote
I was up there on Saturday and had a blast again. The weather was perfect. I am hoping to be up there before it closes for the season. I will be ripping it on a blue coiler.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
anyone going up on thanks giving I am trying but I am wondering who will be there

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:42 Quote
are all the jumps and everything still blocked off?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:45 Quote
elee wrote:
are all the jumps and everything still blocked off?

all jumps have been destroyed, all the drops are blocked off and re-routed

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
will this problem be resolved next year?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:52 Quote
Im required to wear armour. that really ruins it for me. People might say "suck it up" and stuff like that, but ive ridden without the stuff for 2 years and putting it back on really puts a damper on my day. youve probably seen me, i ride a gray cove

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:57 Quote
hey im goin up to blue this friday and so ive heard its not that bad but damb im going to miss highway but whatever if u see me i have a 07 stinky with blue electrical tape stipes on the wheels (whitch turns grey after a couple runs) a axiom seat and a sick mrp system holla if u see me:P

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 18:25 Quote
they are planning on puting the jumps and stuff back in next year as long as the injury rates stay low. I'm not required to wear armour but I still wear a pressure suit. To me it's just commom sence to protect your spine and chest from the shit that could go down in a crash or accident. I don't wear leg armour because I can suck up the pain of an occasional shinner.

I might be up on Sunday again... I'ld probably be on my Commencal again. Can't miss my bike. White commencal, silver deemax, 36 fork, air shock.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:12 Quote
f*ck i hate armour. ive had so many crashes and none would have been different with the stuff

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 4:32 Quote
grambiker wrote:
f*ck i hate armour. ive had so many crashes and none would have been different with the stuff

First of all I am going to say suck it up if you ever want Blue to offer biking EVER because right now this is the only way they can let us ride and it's that every crash is going to require armour but everyone has at least one I know I have where the armour really helps so if you want Blue to be open now stop your complaining

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 8:33 Quote
I'll be up this saturday and probably Fri/Sat and Sunday on the thanxgiving long weekend

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 12:21 Quote
ill be up tommorw with my dad and brother, my dad is going for the first time tommorw and is pretty nervous about it all haha, ill be riding my 2006 devinci ollie with 2007 888RC2X VA

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
Sam want to give me a lift up when you goWink

I'm trying to make it up this weekend but I can't get a ride and I doubt that I can get my G2 test done by Saterday and be able to borrow the car for Sunday

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 9:21 Quote
Thanksgiving weekend's forecast is looking awesome! My parents want to head up and spend a night to give me some riding time. Would probably be riding Sunday, staying and riding Monday and ride till the last gondola of the season.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012987
Mobile Version of Website