09 race rig. any sugestions?

PB Forum :: Downhill
09 race rig. any sugestions?
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 21:59 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Ill post pics when my rig is finished. So around marchish, Ill post updated pics on a scale from original weight to the weight after the part is installed.

marchish= too long, i want proof now, go on the internet now!!!

Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 22:54 Quote
I've got a way lighter frame than you and I'm barely, barely looking at 33.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
Your fork Probly holds you back a bit on the scale he's also got I9's on ya they are rediculasly light also a boxxer wc.

Ryan

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Your fork Probly holds you back a bit on the scale he's also got I9's on ya they are rediculasly light also a boxxer wc.

Ryan

Also my spare wheelset is lighter, Bontrager King earl

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
veet-88 wrote:

Ryan

Also my spare wheelset is lighter, Bontrager King earl
At 2250 those wheels are not light........

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:02 Quote
i really doubt that you have only spent 2600 and your bike is between 33-36 pounds.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
zesty666 wrote:
i really doubt that you have only spent 2600 and your bike is between 33-36 pounds.

Oh, i believe it, he got the frame and fork for 2600, that should be around 33 lbs considering its a glory. oh, maybe with his super light 2250g spare wheelset in there too.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
zesty666 wrote:

Oh, i believe it, he got the frame and fork for 2600, that should be around 33 lbs considering its a glory. oh, maybe with his super light 2250g spare wheelset in there too.

Frame: 1200
Shock: 650 *Comes with ti coil* (-300 after selling my original shock)
Fork: 1200 (not yet purchased)
Wheels: 600
Brakes: 50 (ebay)
Cranks+bb: 150
Stem: free (Christmas gift)
Bars: 100
Shifter: 50 (ebay)
Derailure: 65 (ebay)
Chain: Free (Spare)
Pedals: Free (Birthday)
Grips: Free (spare)
Cassette: Free (spare for parents road bike)
Seat: 85 (ebay)
Seat post: 90 (ebay)
Guide: Free (christmas gift)
Chain ring: Free (loaner from a buddy who quit dh)
tires: 160

Im not 100% sure on the cost of the Ti hardware But ill check some costs and Ill post it up here.

Bolded parts are what i own.

Un bolded are what i still need

Total cost(what I paid) of the parts i own is 2550.

Total build cost should be 4500 ish. maybe a little more maybe less

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
I think were going to see a lot of new Demo 8's out this year. That $3900 price tag is hard to turn down

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
Ok, so you have parts and they were good deals, but I still doubt your going to get a glory (remember its a 12lbs+ frame alone) anywhere below 35-6ish lbs. with resonable spec. And now that we know that have parts, wouldn't it be helpful to tell us hat they are? :S So maybe we can see that you may actually have a sub 36lbs build. which I doubt btw, but I don't mind being proven wrong.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
MOUNTAIN-GROWN wrote:
I think were going to see a lot of new Demo 8's out this year. That $3900 price tag is hard to turn down

Yeah, i'm getting one, and NO IT IS NOT BECAUSE OF SAM HILL, i was actually not going to get this bike because I knew that I would be flagged as a "fanboy" but that is just stupid to pass up a nice bike because of 15y.o. on pinkbike, plus I work at a shop that deals spesh and I like my epic, a lot. It will be far from stock, getting everything Hill gets, lmao, no.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
Ok, so you have parts and they were good deals, but I still doubt your going to get a glory (remember its a 12lbs+ frame alone) anywhere below 35-6ish lbs. with resonable spec. And now that we know that have parts, wouldn't it be helpful to tell us hat they are? :S So maybe we can see that you may actually have a sub 36lbs build. which I doubt btw, but I don't mind being proven wrong.

I have to go for newyears dinner, But Ill go on calgarycycle.com go to the custom build section and they have a weight calculator, Ill put in on there and post up a screen print of it when im back at around 9-10pm .

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
ciszewski wrote:

I have to go for newyears dinner, But Ill go on calgarycycle.com go to the custom build section and they have a weight calculator, Ill put in on there and post up a screen print of it when im back at around 9-10pm .

Ok, cool, im looking forward to this, not really, but it'll be interesting to see. BTW, im on it now and they don't have a glory in there so that might not work, just use excel.

Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:14 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
ciszewski wrote:

Ok, cool, im looking forward to this, not really, but it'll be interesting to see. BTW, im on it now and they don't have a glory in there so that might not work, just use excel.

Ill get the part spec on there then ill find a place that has the glory frame weight and add it. Mind you mine will be a bit lighter i have a 15' thats raw with a ti coil.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
themontajew wrote:
veet-88 wrote:
themontajew wrote:

He wants a DH bike though, not a 6 inch FR bike. And glorys are heavy as piss so aviod them at all costs (14 lb frame and shock)

Your officially the tool of the thread gtfo. Yes the glory out of the box is heavy but If this is the thread I think it is hes not buying one new and if he goes used buys a frame he could build one to a decent weight, dont knock it because of the weight it rides like no other.

photo

38-40lbs rides lighter than my nomad.

Ryan
The fact is the kid is 125 pounds, Here is a simple concept for you, a SUPER light glory is going to be sub40 being that it's a 14 pound frame and shock, if he goes with a demo, or a blindside (both of which can be had cheep used) he is going to automatically save 4-5 pounds, a blindside is sub 10 with shock, and 1500 for the frame NEW.

Oh, and I call BS on your bike being sub 40, you have 729s on there, unless you have a whole bunch of carbon, new cranks, and single plys that thing is still going to be heavy.

he's light he could probly get away with riding a howler lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031177
Mobile Version of Website