Keepin those stanky stanctions freshhhhhh

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Keepin those stanky stanctions freshhhhhh
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
nickf wrote:
checking over my bike the other day just to prep it for some snow riding, i noticed the stanctions on my marzocchi 888 ATA WCs (i just love spewing out the whole name) were beginning to look pretty oxidized. the nickel coating didn't seem to have the same shiny coating it had when i bought them. This brobably happened because i usually don't clean my bike off after most muddy rides. i usually wait till it all dries, then i take it outside and pound it on the ground a few times to let the 5 lbs worth of dirt and crud just fly off. anyways, i was thinking to myself, how can i possible get these stanctions to be as thiney as they once were when all the babes would whistle as i rode by? I mean, that i why i got the model with the silver stanctions in the first place, right?
It came to me quickly that since the stanctions are nickel, it's really a very simple thing... silver polish (Pollish?)!!! after only two applications and rub downs with the random bottle of silver polish i found in the basement, and they're as shiny as ever! (i don't know why my house has silver polish in it, considering we don't have any silver... but i guess we own a number of nickel items)
so watch out, cause this guy (me) is about to have the babes runnin after him down the trails again...
I have to say, thats really uncool

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
I posted one
check in my albums

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
is that after polishing them? cause the sliders look nice n' shiny. the the crawn area looks like it could use it if you feel like preserving the looks for later on. i used to play the trumpet seriously, and keeping the trumpet clean was a necessity. while keeping the forks sounding good isn't my concern, if it's anything like i've experienced with silver plating, the shine wont be able to come out very easily later on

FL
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
nickf wrote:
is that after polishing them? cause the sliders look nice n' shiny. the the crawn area looks like it could use it if you feel like preserving the looks for later on. i used to play the trumpet seriously, and keeping the trumpet clean was a necessity. while keeping the forks sounding good isn't my concern, if it's anything like i've experienced with silver plating, the shine wont be able to come out very easily later on

no' Ididnt polish them, I dont even have it , will get it next week. Yea the travel looks shiny escept near the crown a bit over them. When it will be time to do it, I'm gonna get back with you to make sure I do it the right way

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010872
Mobile Version of Website