aceofspades wrote:
photo

Old Rocky RMX, new look.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 6:23 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
aceofspades wrote:
photo

Old Rocky RMX, new look.

linkage aint exactly similar to rmxWink ...swing rotates around the bb.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
aceofspades wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
aceofspades wrote:
photo

Old Rocky RMX, new look.

Ahh didnt even catch that. slopestyle frame?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
what program did you use?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 7:00 Quote
aceofspades wrote:
photo
nice slopstyle idea - how do you plan to attach the swingarm though? there's no bolts or bearings... is the bb removeable or something?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
aceofspades wrote:
streetstyle wrote:
aceofspades wrote:
photo

Old Rocky RMX, new look.

if the swingarm rotates with the bb beeing the center of rotation where does the iscg mounts go, unless you bring 3 pieces of metal out from the bb shell that are independant from the swingarm

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
its 8" dh frame with ~3:1 falling rate leverage ratio..im not planning to manufacture it though it would be cool.i have thought similar bearing/attaching system to the swing than Rotec RL9 has..iscg promblem isnt solved yet,but it might be added to the swingarm..3d model is made with Catia v5 ,and its not ready yet (missing bolts and bearings, poorly made swingarm) main idea of the linkage is short chainstay,low bb and getting 0-chainstrech and very low pedal kickback with swing rotating around bb. (i modelled the linkage with Linkage (c) software >> pedal kick back was lower compared to bunch of real dh frames like v10,sunday,224,glory dh,rmx,sess10n,socom etc.)

bottom line:its just a sketch,and a practice of modeling "hydroformed" tubes .dont take it too seriousWink

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
Anyone use cinema 4d?

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
aceofspades wrote:
its 8" dh frame with ~3:1 falling rate leverage ratio..im not planning to manufacture it though it would be cool.i have thought similar bearing/attaching system to the swing than Rotec RL9 has..iscg promblem isnt solved yet,but it might be added to the swingarm..3d model is made with Catia v5 ,and its not ready yet (missing bolts and bearings, poorly made swingarm) main idea of the linkage is short chainstay,low bb and getting 0-chainstrech and very low pedal kickback with swing rotating around bb. (i modelled the linkage with Linkage (c) software >> pedal kick back was lower compared to bunch of real dh frames like v10,sunday,224,glory dh,rmx,sess10n,socom etc.)

bottom line:its just a sketch,and a practice of modeling "hydroformed" tubes .dont take it too seriousWink
8" concentric design would give terrible saddle clearance!

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 0:32 Quote
Just a few of my things. My first attempt at a front derailleur and i'm doing my first full bike. its a bit long but oh well.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:11 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
aceofspades wrote:

there is just enough clearance for seat.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:21 Quote
aceofspades wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

How low does the BB get when you bottom out? Seems like the cranks at the very least would hit upon pedaling...

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:45 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
aceofspades wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

How low does the BB get when you bottom out? Seems like the cranks at the very least would hit upon pedaling...

bb is little bit over 350mm without rider.there is enough ground clerance even if bottoms

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 6:52 Quote
post your sketchup models on the 3d warehouse.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028882
Mobile Version of Website