The Canadien Eh!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Canadien Eh!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:36 Quote
Why does every one say that canadiens say eh, because we do'nt.

anyone got any thing to say about that?

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:38 Quote
Take off, eh!?
You Hoser!

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:38 Quote
pinantanbiker wrote:
Why does every one say that canadiens say eh, because we do'nt.

anyone got any thing to say about that?
I do all the time without realizing it.

My guess is you might do it too Razz

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:39 Quote
I have soooooo much to say about this... I recently moved to America and every other minute some idiot will ask me about it.... So I've refined my answers over the past month and now I just tell them that we all live in igloos, we only have light for 6 months, our food supply depends on the caribou migration patterns, I have diplomatic immunity in America and we say eh just for the hell of it.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:41 Quote
pinantanbiker wrote:
shondos an a*shole
Nah. He's just very opinionated.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:42 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I have soooooo much to say about this... I recently moved to America and every other minute some idiot will ask me about it.... So I've refined my answers over the past month and now I just tell them that we all live in igloos, we only have light for 6 months, our food supply depends on the caribou migration patterns, I have diplomatic immunity in America and we say eh just for the hell of it.

I convinced a middle class couple from Utah that were staying in Panorama this summer, that in the winter a lot of our vehicles are converted to rear catapiller treads and the front wheels are strapped up to skis.

Mod
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:44 Quote
I find myself saying eh all the time - I don't notice when I am around other Canadians, but as soon as Americans around I notice that I do.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:45 Quote
pinantanbiker wrote:
shondos an a*shole

you're just mad at me because I told you that you should have made Klassen pick up his own damn bike.
I've been called much worse by far scarier folks than you. Try again some day.
Until then..lighten up kid.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:46 Quote
yes people are stereotyping us as being people who talk funny and live in extremely cold weather all year round and only play hockey and shit like that but everyone gets a certain generalized idea about any different culture which isnt really ever true people just think thats how we act or talk because they have never really been to canada or if not that i gess they want to make fun of us, but another thing i would liek to bring up is the fact that we speak canadian everyday and over time i think we begin to develope a small accent that we do not really no we speak but subconciously we do speak. this is just my opinion though. i must say it does piss me off when people ask us canadians that.

Mod
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 16:53 Quote
we definately have accents- newfies/east coasters and albertans apparently have very recognizable accents.

As for generalizations- we all assume stuff about other countries -for example many people think of Germany and they think of people that eat Sausage and Beer all the time, and the traditional garb etc.- but mostly that is only true for Bavaria (a small portion of Germany).

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 17:12 Quote
I do it all the time, usually without noticing it, it's in my blood eh

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 17:21 Quote
I think it has a lot to do with where you live. I've lived in a city that's about 10 minutes away from Detroit for my entire life. I find that for the most part, people around here tend to have a lot more Americanized speech. Whenever I've traveled to other parts of Canada, someone will usually pick up on the American speech and ask about it.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 17:22 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
I think it has a lot to do with where you live. I've lived in a city that's about 10 minutes away from Detroit for my entire life. I find that for the most part, people around here tend to have a lot more Americanized speech. Whenever I've traveled to other parts of Canada, someone will usually pick up on the American speech and ask about it.

Sarnia? I have family there, and they all sound American to me.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 20:19 Quote
johannkuschke wrote:
yes people are stereotyping us as being people who talk funny and live in extremely cold weather all year round and only play hockey and shit like that but everyone gets a certain generalized idea about any different culture which isnt really ever true people just think thats how we act or talk because they have never really been to canada or if not that i gess they want to make fun of us, but another thing i would liek to bring up is the fact that we speak canadian everyday and over time i think we begin to develope a small accent that we do not really no we speak but subconciously we do speak. this is just my opinion though. i must say it does piss me off when people ask us canadians that.

Regardless, Canadia still sucks and is still cold. Though the vast amounts of beaver that exist north of my grand country fills me with excitement.

Eh?

In my imagination all of you read this post and said "Whoots he talkin' aboot? Eh?". Seriously.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010464
Mobile Version of Website