The Canadien Eh!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Canadien Eh!
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 16:36 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
bonzibryan wrote:
Border hoppers make it all the way to washington state, to the farms where they work in the fields. I want to hear a canuck's opinion, like a generalization about the people that live in either nunavut or the yukon. It just sounds rad to me that their could be that big of a area so sparsly populated
The border hoppers actually make it up all the way into BC.. they employ a bunch down in the Creston Valley for fruit picking season.
lol and the okanagan too.

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
I say "eh" quite a bit. Withouth even noticing. I actually wear toques alot too. Alot of my freinds say "eh" alot too. Its a handy little word. It can mean an array of different things. Such as "that wind is sure cold eh?" or "no kidding eh" or "eh! get away from my car you hoser!" or "you know your wearing your shirt backwards eh" ... I like that word quite a bit.

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I have soooooo much to say about this... I recently moved to America and every other minute some idiot will ask me about it.... So I've refined my answers over the past month and now I just tell them that we all live in igloos, we only have light for 6 months, our food supply depends on the caribou migration patterns, I have diplomatic immunity in America and we say eh just for the hell of it.

haha, I like that.

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
it's mostly easterners with accents and say aboot, i'm sure most don't but some newfies do, I live in B.C. and say eh a lot without thinking about it but have no accent

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 at 5:56 Quote
miamiheat wrote:
bonzibryan wrote:
Border hoppers make it all the way to washington state, to the farms where they work in the fields. I want to hear a canuck's opinion, like a generalization about the people that live in either nunavut or the yukon. It just sounds rad to me that their could be that big of a area so sparsly populated
I live in the Yukon and it is great there are trails everywhere. You can drive for like 5 minutes and be at a great trail network.
http://www.cmbcyukon.ca/mtbuk-yk-article.pdf

Yes don't you also have to deal with bears and wolves? (serious question).
The 'Beware Bears' signs on Grouse Mountain freaked me out enough!

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 0:57 Quote
dirtydroog wrote:
miamiheat wrote:
bonzibryan wrote:
I live in the Yukon and it is great there are trails everywhere. You can drive for like 5 minutes and be at a great trail network.
http://www.cmbcyukon.ca/mtbuk-yk-article.pdf

Yes don't you also have to deal with bears and wolves? (serious question).
The 'Beware Bears' signs on Grouse Mountain freaked me out enough!

Wolves don't really attack people unless they're half dead or something.

With bears... if you meet a black bear you're probably safe unless it has kids. a Grizzly, and your f*cked.

ps. Miamiheat do you know Nat Rodden?

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
miamiheat wrote:
I know of him but I do not really know him .

I spent 6 months doing Canada World Youth (this is on topic because it was about doing the most Canadian things ever). We drank a lot together in Ukraine (by a lot I'm talking about in the hundreds of litres of vodka...)

He hooked up with a hot 23 year old Ukrainian librairian too.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 19:51 Quote
I live in yukon and ive yet to see a bear or wolf yet while riding. I have heard of less fortunate riders though. When I ride up in the mountains I usally have a can of bear spray on me just for safty.

Posted: Feb 5, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
Such a great topics back at '00s..
)

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011365
Mobile Version of Website