sun mtx or sun s-type

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
sun mtx or sun s-type
| Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2009 at 17:57 Quote
creamsoda wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
i had s types on my stinky and not even after 2 seasons they started to come apart at the seems... i have an mtx now and they are sweet... especially since u cna get em in white, orange, and camo

white? isn't that new for 08? i'm actually looking for white mtx/s-types...

Yea me too, hit me up if anyone has a set..

Big Grin

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 19:17 Quote
robiekid wrote:
creamsoda wrote:
konarrider2007 wrote:
i had s types on my stinky and not even after 2 seasons they started to come apart at the seems... i have an mtx now and they are sweet... especially since u cna get em in white, orange, and camo

Big Grin

the last post in this thread was in september.

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 19:19 Quote
shondo wrote:
robiekid wrote:
creamsoda wrote:

Big Grin

the last post in this thread was in september.

I realised that, lol

Posted: Dec 16, 2010 at 14:40 Quote
i have s-type and my mate has mtx and we have found that the s-type seems to be slightly stronger but my 24 s-types are big for 24s and changeing tyers is a 3 man job with 6 trye levers Frown

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
mikecollier wrote:
i have s-type and my mate has mtx and we have found that the s-type seems to be slightly stronger but my 24 s-types are big for 24s and changeing tyers is a 3 man job with 6 trye levers Frown
You are simply weak or get weird tires. Next point you grave dug super hard core and failed to add any relivent info.

Posted: Dec 17, 2010 at 9:42 Quote
Epic fail is epic. In regard to the thread dig, as well as the thread in general.

S-types and MTX`s are pretty much the exact f*cking same rim.
S-type is OEM, always pinned. Only come in one width afaik.
MTX is an aftermarket version. Comes in pinned or welded. And comes in a variety of widths. 23/27/29/4x are the models if I'm right. The most common one being the 4X.

While technically the MTX is stronger(this is a FACT don't try to deny it) most people will never ride them hard enough to find out.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015671
Mobile Version of Website