Fork question?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
Can anyone tell me if a RockShox Tora 302 would be alright to use on an Azonic Steelhead DJ? I need a fork and there's a local guy who has a new one for next to nothing. I read some reviews that weren't too flattering but I am mostly concerned with buying the wrong type of fork for the wrong bike. LMK!

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
I don't think the Tora 302 is made for dirt jumping; it might hold up??? go for something different if you can.

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
That's kinda what I thought. I'm new to DJ after spending 30+ years on a BMX and it's taking me a LONG time to figure out all the different sh*t. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
By the way the steelhead is a sick frame for dj

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 at 21:27 Quote
Yeah the Steelhead is pretty cool! I had been seeing them on Ebay for a while and a brand new white one popped up for $100 w/ free shipping so I couldn't pass it up! I wanted a DJ bike and opted for buying a complete first rather than building my first piece by piece. I picked up a Jamis Kromo that I love after making a few changes away from the stock parts but now I'm building the Steelhead part by part! I don't know alot about all of the different stuff in the MTB world so I'm trying to be careful and not buy a bunch of the wrong stuff! LOL! I thought that BMX stuff could be expensive but it doesn't even remotely compare to the MTB/DJ stuff! I'm setting this up as a single speed, bullet proof MFer! It'll take me a little bit of time to figure what's good but in the mean time..... I'll be jumpin'!!

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 3:41 Quote
i have the tora 289 on my GT that i use for mostly freeride but they can handle a bit of dj'ing, but dont bother if you are going to use them for big jumps

Posted: Dec 21, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
You guys are right! There's NO point in getting this fork for a bike that'll be DJ specific even if the price is good! Thanks for the input!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010536
Mobile Version of Website