PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Transition bottlerocket or double
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 3:37 Quote
Double is for 4x and DJ.

BottleRocket is for Freeride.

BlindSide is for DH.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
I definately agree. Bikes can blow a hole in your wallet...so make sure you know exactly what you want...describe what riding you want to do and I can recommend a bike for you

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 8:19 Quote
ok what i wanna do is downhill and freeride cuz i wanna try and compete in races this year. and i want to have something not so pricy and i had just seen that the demo sometimes is even cheaper on the internet ...(used ones) ... so what do you think?Confused sry that i was constantly changing my mind but i really want the best for the little bit of money haveBig Grin

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
Well,

A Double is based around a 100mm fork.

BottleRocket is 160mm.

BlindSide is 203mm.

I would recommend the BlindSide if you plan on doing FR and DH and possibly racing. Boxxer, 888 or Fox 40 up front and a Vivid or Fox DHX in the rear.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
If you really want a transition bike I would go with the blindside...but it looks like you're looking for a bike that can do freeride but is versital for Dh. I wouln't recommend an 8 inch travel dh rig. 7 inch travel freeride dh bikes work nearly as well for dh and amazing for freeride. I recommend buying an 09 mongoose pinn'r, They're super affordable...a lot of peopl talk down on the company but I've personally ridden the bike and its perfect for you. Trust me

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
oooook why is the mongoose more expensive than a demo or same? wouldnt i be better off buyin a demo then? and isnt it also thought for dh freeride? im sry i kinda fell in love with the demo Fab Confused

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 16:20 Quote
ok im lookin at the bottlerocket and blindside now but the bottlerocket is more of the all around bike right? and can i take it on aggressive technical trails too?
what i like to do too is just ride around in my neighboorhood and take random jumps ... only sometimes tho
so id be better off with the bottlerocket? anyone have one and can tell me somethin bout either the bottlerocket or blindside?
thxBig Grin

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
joshinthebox wrote:
ok im lookin at the bottlerocket and blindside now but the bottlerocket is more of the all around bike right? and can i take it on aggressive technical trails too?
what i like to do too is just ride around in my neighboorhood and take random jumps ... only sometimes tho
so id be better off with the bottlerocket? anyone have one and can tell me somethin bout either the bottlerocket or blindside?
thxBig Grin
so are you gonna race?

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 at 16:37 Quote
austin-rides-norco wrote:
joshinthebox wrote:
thxBig Grin
so are you gonna race?
well im gonna swtrt racin seaotter and then am hoping to getting to race alot more races this year although its gonna be my first year so im gonna start beginner and work my way u but i wanna bike that i can use for a longer period of time and progress on it u know?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
sorry to bring this back to life...but i'm looking for an AM bike that i can also race dual slalom and some 4x AND do some DJ-ing on. the bottlerocket looks like it can do those...but so does the double. any thoughts?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
cneums wrote:
sorry to bring this back to life...but i'm looking for an AM bike that i can also race dual slalom and some 4x AND do some DJ-ing on. the bottlerocket looks like it can do those...but so does the double. any thoughts?

This to me would indicate a Double, which can also be run as a trail bike.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
cneums wrote:

This to me would indicate a Double, which can also be run as a trail bike.

is the one you mentioned under your picture still for sale?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
cneums wrote:

It is no longer for sale (I just changed my tagline back to what it is normally).

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
pipes10 wrote:
cneums wrote:

It is no longer for sale (I just changed my tagline back to what it is normally).

aw, damn. did you sell it or decide to keep it?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 20:10 Quote
cneums wrote:
aw, damn. did you sell it or decide to keep it?

She's gonna stay put.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016030
Mobile Version of Website