What brakes are people running?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What brakes are people running?
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
seismicninja wrote:
tomhoward379 wrote:
Got some Trickstuff Maximas last year. They are simply incredible. More outright stopping power than anything I've used, and fantastic modulation. Expensive yes, worth it over the best of the rest? Debatable, but I won't be buying anything else.

Cool!! I want those so bad. How long did it take to get them?

I got them on the Kickstarter, so was about 6 months from order to delivery. Ordered another set a few weeks ago, they're saying mid December which, given the current situation, may be optimistic.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:34 Quote
my dirretissimas took about 6 months aswell but i ordered some piccolas last year and i was told minimum of 9 months and like tom said with current situations i doubt thats gonna happen

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:36 Quote
ktm87 wrote:
my dirretissimas took about 6 months aswell but i ordered some piccolas last year and i was told minimum of 9 months and like tom said with current situations i doubt thats gonna happen

Weirdly, I was offered Piccola's straight away, but that may have been the stealth option.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 6:45 Quote
tomhoward379 wrote:
ktm87 wrote:

Weirdly, I was offered Piccola's straight away, but that may have been the stealth option.

i did recently get an email about those stealth ones and i believe they did have some in stock ready to ship. i only ordered levers tho so waiting on them. cant remember what color i got lol

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:19 Quote
Those stealth versions are pretty tempting. I didn't see Maximas on the site though

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
Maximas arent available in stealth. Currently anyway. The stealth look is a way to sell stuff that doesn’t pass anodising QC, so far only Direttissimas and piccolas have had issues.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:59 Quote
My Maxima's we're supposed to ship mid-april, now I don't know. Also the piccolas you were offered aren't the new carbon ones, but the older model, if you want the carbon ones I believe you still have to wait.

Posted: Mar 25, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
Ah, fair enough, tbh I wasn’t interested so didn’t enquire further.

Don’t worry, they are sooo worth the wait.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
I run the best brakes

Saints!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 2:24 Quote
I run the best brakes

Saints!

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 5:57 Quote
Shredyamum wrote:
I run the best brakes

Saints!

So, which is it? Do you run the best brakes, or do you run saints?

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 6:02 Quote
Painhawk wrote:
Shredyamum wrote:
I run the best brakes

Saints!

So, which is it? Do you run the best brakes, or do you run saints?

Hard to beat Saints

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:33 Quote
Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I really didn't like my saints. Even when I would get a perfect bleed in a few rides they wouldn't feel good anymore. I mean they're better than srams, but I don't know if they're the best brakes.

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
Sham Anusol leaky levers

No ta

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006760
Mobile Version of Website