I have finger and wrist strain while dh'ing

PB Forum :: Downhill
I have finger and wrist strain while dh'ing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
hey I have some strains while dh'ing in the fingers (red0 and its gettin me anoyed and i dont know what to do because i want to start racing and i cant put down complete runs what can i do and some times it gets in my middle finger (green)

photo

I also ave on my right wrist a strain and i need to wear a brace and it gets me anoyed also

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.pricepoint.com/images/styleImages/D_535%20SSOWP8.jpgcan you help me out

do i need to change grips for these ergo one or something

best regards

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
im no expert on this but you could try getting different grips/bars with different diameters. I used to get hand pain with skinny bars but now i have larger grips and bars and that seems to help pretty well

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:20 Quote
norcofreeridderr wrote:
im no expert on this but you could try getting different grips/bars with different diameters. I used to get hand pain with skinny bars but now i have larger grips and bars and that seems to help pretty well

do that. And dont keep riding when it hurts, youll only worsen it.
Go see a doctor if it truely bothers you that much

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
Try Ergon grips. They have a flat panel near your hand's artery to keep it from getting too much strain.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
keep riding like the rest of us....when i bend my wrist it cracks cause i rode on it while it was fractured but see i dont complain...

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
Cata1yst wrote:
norcofreeridderr wrote:

do that. And dont keep riding when it hurts, youll only worsen it.
Go see a doctor if it truely bothers you that much
well i stop but its calms down doesnt hurt then it resarts when i start ridding my doctor told me to take advils before ridding but its BS i have maybe a big hand but IDK what grip to buy im thinking to buy some ergo grips

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.treefortbikes.com/imgDsp.aspx?fName=ergongrips.jpeg&tw=300&th=350
ive did read a review and they work but not for dh

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Try Ergon grips. They have a flat panel near your hand's artery to keep it from getting too much strain.
that what i will do

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
dexmaster wrote:
keep riding like the rest of us....when i bend my wrist it cracks cause i rode on it while it was fractured but see i dont complain...
but its not fun anymore when its each time you ride

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
are you on a hardtail or dh bike?

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:

thats what else i was thinking...is like get a new fork if its ass

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
you said fingers. that could be a bad lever arch. what brakes do you have? Try softer grips. some of the bmx grips are pretty pillow like.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
dexmaster wrote:
ldeere683 wrote:

thats what else i was thinking...is like get a new fork if its ass
im on a specialized demo 7

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
you said fingers. that could be a bad lever arch. what brakes do you have? Try softer grips. some of the bmx grips are pretty pillow like.
i have avid juicy 5 but its not the lever finger its the one holding to the bars look a th diagram

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
As far as the wrist wrap goes you won't have to change your grips. I have to wear one because of a wrist injury. I know it gets said a lot but try using a powerball. I find it helps if my joints feel a bit stiff after riding or the gym.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
youi could try adjusting the position of your brake leavers like move them down abit, and you can get them squishy ball things that you squeeze alot to help build the muscle on your wrists

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012031
Mobile Version of Website