FOES DHS 2.1 is worth it ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
FOES DHS 2.1 is worth it ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
Hello everyone

I have a santa cruz v10 2008 full equipped.

but since a while ago i saw this bike FOES DHS 2.1 a really amazing bike Blank Stare
but expensive about 3700$ Frame .

It rides well ? Its worth it ?

what about the cornutt suspension?

thanks all

and merry christmas and happy new year

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
There is in my opinion no other DH bike that is so badass as the 2:1 DHS.The Curnutt shocks are monster sized on the dhs mono.Check this review from Bikeradar it's got a perfect 5 star rating!!!!
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/frames/mountain/product/21-dhs-mono-frame-2007-12827

this is the 09 2:1 DHS
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/jerk_chicken/P9060108Medium.jpg

Mod Plus
Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
Good report cards aside, would it be a good bike for you? '

My opinion, as well as others who have ridden it, is that it a bit of a monster bike. Maybe best suited to a rider who could use that to their advantage. Thats not me so it wouldn't be my bike of choice. And I'm not talking about the heft, I'm sure you could get it into the low 40's with some money. It is just a load of bike.

I would ask yourself if you would have more fun, be more comfortable with more confidence, or go faster on the Foes than your current bike.

Posted: Dec 25, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
kakah wrote:
Good report cards aside, would it be a good bike for you? '

My opinion, as well as others who have ridden it, is that it a bit of a monster bike. Maybe best suited to a rider who could use that to their advantage. Thats not me so it wouldn't be my bike of choice. And I'm not talking about the heft, I'm sure you could get it into the low 40's with some money. It is just a load of bike.

I would ask yourself if you would have more fun, be more comfortable with more confidence, or go faster on the Foes than your current bike.

I really dont know , ive been ridden a V10 and thats a great bike World cup proven

but still never ride a Foes and I wanted to know some opinions

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
I'v heard they are bad for pedaling but they absorb really nicely the guy who told me this had the curnut coil on the back of his foes so I would go for the air back shock if your into racing because it will pedal alot better.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
My friend rides one, he has it built up at 38 pounds so it is a light bike. I have ridden it but he is heavier than me so it wasn't really set up for me but it feels pretty good, makes any rock garden smooth. Foes has a really good customer service aswell.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
You've got an amazing bike with no problems with it..

Why change...?

Edit: Didn't see when this was started...

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 11:34 Quote
yeah, its a catwalk bike. you probably dont need it, its for show.

oh, and its still october, dont say merry christmas until at least the 25th of december.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
yeah, its a catwalk bike. you probably dont need it, its for show.

oh, and its still october, dont say merry christmas until at least the 25th of december.
look at the date of the first post

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
Monod147 wrote:
I'v heard they are bad for pedaling but they absorb really nicely the guy who told me this had the curnut coil on the back of his foes so I would go for the air back shock if your into racing because it will pedal alot better.

You don't know what you're talking about. Go figure. Anyways, I've ridden multiple models in both coil and air sprung and I have felt no ill effects of pedal bob at all in either the air or the coil. Now, an improper setup would certainly make for bad pedaling characteristics. Perhaps the wrong spring weight or not enough preload on the shock, or not enough air in the chamber. Also as a side note, the Curnutt Air with the big remote reservoir (RS7) is actually the same weight as the Ti Coil version so it really just comes down to preference. The new version of the DHS Mono just looks amazing though. Can't wait to see it up close.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
anderson4000 wrote:
Foes has a really good customer service aswell.

Just had to add that those guys are some of the best people to ever deal with if ever need be. They really are a class act group around that shop.

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
Are you actually unhappy with your v10?? If so why?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 4:43 Quote
No

but i wanted to know how the Foes work

seems a real nice bike

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 5:56 Quote
the 010 frame is 2lbs lighter,new air shock with piggy bag and intergrated fork bumpers,frame can be used now with every chainguide so nobody has to use the custom MRP guide

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034487
Mobile Version of Website