What shoes do you ride in

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What shoes do you ride in
Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 12:43 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
Mtbzach wrote:
Nike 6.0, comfortable, stylish and not over priced Salute
80-110 usd isnt overpriced????

also if your shoe grips so good why are you having to adjust where you have them. put them where you want to begin with, if you need to move your foot then i guess they arent really gripping so well.
Depends where you get them from, January sale's = win for finding decent shoes cheap. Smile
& if you take your foot of in the air? I know I usually don't put it back exactly where it feels comfortable.

On the not of topic:
I usually ride in a old pair of etnies if its really muddy, or a pair of E's if its dry, and have recently picked up some osiris high tops for cheap as my next pair of riding shoes. Smile

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 21:47 Quote
StrictlyBidness wrote:
iride24-7 wrote:
globes are pretty good
i'll never buy another pair of globes again, both pairs i owned fell apart with regular use in a couple months, waste of $60+ per pair. my friend also has a pair and they are following the same pattern mine did too. All 3 different models, same company, verdict: Not my shoe.
i use then for school and bike and they last long enough

Posted: Feb 9, 2010 at 22:21 Quote
iride24-7 wrote:
StrictlyBidness wrote:
iride24-7 wrote:
globes are pretty good
i'll never buy another pair of globes again, both pairs i owned fell apart with regular use in a couple months, waste of $60+ per pair. my friend also has a pair and they are following the same pattern mine did too. All 3 different models, same company, verdict: Not my shoe.
i use then for school and bike and they last long enough
i did too with both pairs, didn't last more than a few months. could have been a coincidence but i did get different models from different stores. and my friends haven't had much luck either.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 14:19 Quote
robloveshiskona wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
Mtbzach wrote:
Nike 6.0, comfortable, stylish and not over priced Salute
80-110 usd isnt overpriced????

also if your shoe grips so good why are you having to adjust where you have them. put them where you want to begin with, if you need to move your foot then i guess they arent really gripping so well.
Depends where you get them from, January sale's = win for finding decent shoes cheap. Smile
& if you take your foot of in the air? I know I usually don't put it back exactly where it feels comfortable.

On the not of topic:
I usually ride in a old pair of etnies if its really muddy, or a pair of E's if its dry, and have recently picked up some osiris high tops for cheap as my next pair of riding shoes. Smile
ohh yea my badConfused

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 14:18 Quote
OMG my new five ten freeriders are so awesome. I couldn't stand going back to my other shoes now. Thanks for bringing them to my attention, all you 5.10 proponents.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:01 Quote
my nike trainers. which i use for pretty much everything

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
Got some five Tens for Christmas, it takes getting used to...
I think there possibly the best shoe to ride in.

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
fortytwobiker wrote:
Got some five Tens for Christmas, it takes getting used to...
I think there possibly the best shoe to ride in.
i'm thinking of getting some but i can't justify the cost tbh. a bit too expensive. if i find a good deal i'll probably get some

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
Best one i found is on Chainreactioncycles,save 40$cad,free shipping...well worth it

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 15:50 Quote
jacob-jay-12 wrote:
i'm thinking of getting some but i can't justify the cost tbh. a bit too expensive. if i find a good deal i'll probably get some
When you ride with them, the price will be very much justified...

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 16:30 Quote
I just wear my old DC skate shoes...

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 17:39 Quote
SupremeDork wrote:
OMG my new five ten freeriders are so awesome. I couldn't stand going back to my other shoes now. Thanks for bringing them to my attention, all you 5.10 proponents.
damn straight!! i won't even bike to the store without them now!

Posted: Mar 19, 2010 at 17:43 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:
jacob-jay-12 wrote:
When you ride with them, the price will be very much justified...
yes! theres this staircase where i live, and i like to haul ass and just bomb down it. It was a fight to not have my feet slip off the pedals with my DCs, the 5.10s keep my feet planted! I can hit it going WAY faster than before!

They actually were only $10 more than what i usually paid for shoes before i started wearing DCs (Osirus, Etnies, Loteks)

Posted: Apr 2, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
these are my new riding shoes. They grip soooooo well. I'm pumped. they're a little looser than I'd like, but they still work great.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.270570
Mobile Version of Website