Do you take your other halfs/partners/girlfriends riding?

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Do you take your other halfs/partners/girlfriends riding?
Posted: Sep 22, 2010 at 15:30 Quote
Guys be warned! Once you have been out with a girl who rides seriously you wont go back! Split up with my wife who I met riding and it sucks not having something as fun as riding in common! Make sure you capture a rare riding female!

Posted: Oct 1, 2010 at 14:58 Quote
yeh man, with that said, when i started this i was expecting everyone to say there is no hope...so its nice to hear it is possible to meet someone at least open minded these days

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 at 16:33 Quote
billy-bike-club wrote:
i prefer to ride with the ladies ..they appreciate learning more , pay there share when it come to shuttles and mostly they are laid back. maybe its just the girls i ride with. i dont mind going for a rip with the boys whenever i get the chance but these days the girls are better then most of the dudes i run into..

well, its a good thing!

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 1:05 Quote
minami wrote:
Just having a (for sake of argument we will call it a) "heated discussion" with my mrs.. who claims no couples go out on bike rides (of any sort). Thought i would ask the community on it, do you invole your partners with biking in any way??
Got to admit that your Mrs. is a bit quirky bro. Yes, many other halves (girlfriends and wives) ride together with their other half (boyfriend and husbands). My wife rides with me and my son a lot, and I have always encouraged this as well. Nothing like family time or partners time together, as it is very healthy. Of course she does not ride all out like my son and I do, she just sits back and watches us try to kill ourselves while having fun in the urban scene or dirt pounding. People are always asking her (the ones that do not know us) if she does any of the crazy FR stuff my son and I do. Yeah, sometimes I feel she could push it to another level while riding, but at least she gets out and rides with us and she loves it.

I never push her and never will, though I do know she could progress to another level if she would just let herself. At least one good thing, if I ever get hurt, she is always there to get me home safely, though she might just leave me out there for the wild animals to finish off either in the urban jungle or on the dirt jungle....lol

EDIT: Damn, I just noticed this was an '08 thread......Ooops, my bad! Rolleyes

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 15:33 Quote
haha - still a pretty relevant question though! its wikid you do that with your family, im only 20 at the mo so im not looking for a family just yet!! but would be wikid to have a gf with an open mind... harder said than done!

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 at 15:50 Quote
My wife goes with me on rail trail, road bike stuff but she is not suited to MTBing, which is actually cool with me. I can do it by myself, and get some time alone.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 20:47 Quote
My wife and I always ride together, we're trying to scrape up money to get her an awesome bike so we can ride more often. She has gotten pretty good over the last year and im super proud of her. im thinking if she keeps going like she's going she'll be catching up to me pretty soon.

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 at 21:23 Quote
I took my girlfriend riding, but it just wasnt worth it. I have found women who ride are alot more uptight about shit while riding

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 1:04 Quote
hanley wrote:
I took my girlfriend riding, but it just wasnt worth it. I have found women who ride are alot more uptight about shit while riding

thats a bit of a harsh generalisation isnt it? most of the girls i meet out on the trail are pretty chill.

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 7:06 Quote
fooboy86 wrote:
hanley wrote:

thats a bit of a harsh generalisation isnt it? most of the girls i meet out on the trail are pretty chill.
I went riding with like 3 women and a few men, and they got mad when someones bike seat touched their frame

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 13:01 Quote
hanley wrote:
fooboy86 wrote:
hanley wrote:

I went riding with like 3 women and a few men, and they got mad when someones bike seat touched their frame
Maybe you just hang out with douchebags. Considering the idiocy you exhibit on a regular basis it wouldn't surprise me.

2 cents

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 at 14:50 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
hanley wrote:
fooboy86 wrote:

Maybe you just hang out with douchebags. Considering the idiocy you exhibit on a regular basis it wouldn't surprise me.

2 cents
Yeah?

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 23:17 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
hanley wrote:
fooboy86 wrote:

2 cents

+1

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 1.305733
Mobile Version of Website