silent or clicky hubs, what do you ride?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
silent or clicky hubs, what do you ride?
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:05 Quote
At the moment im running completly silent hubs and was just wondering what you prefer, clicky or silent?

on one hand i love to hear my tyres just gliding along the dirt, but then i also really like the buzz noise a nice clicky hub makes as you fly though the air.

what do you prefer?

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:08 Quote
i love loud ones!! i know a lot of people hate them, but it just sounds so cool, that woosh off the jump and then hearing the (ummmmm, i dont know how to put the sound into words lol ) clicky sound Wink

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:08 Quote
i prefer 6 pawl hubs because of the sound my hope pro2's are nice as well they run sweet

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:11 Quote
a loud hub has more points of engagement. basically a 'clicky' hub is better. as for preference, i dont see why someone would choose less noise over better performance.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:13 Quote
on my dh bike i like the loudest hub i can get. but on my street/dirt bike i like em silent

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:14 Quote
i have some clicky one but if i had enough money i would get som stealty silent ones

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 10:16 Quote
personly i like ones that have a clicky noise but not deffning so its like a machine gunSmile

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
My geisha is dead silent and I love it because i can go in stealth mode to avoid securits gaurds. and scare the shit out of little kids.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:22 Quote
Mostly Heard, Rarely Seen Wink

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:25 Quote
i like the clicky ones cuz the faster you go the more you click

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
i kinda like to think of clicky hubs as the engine of the bike

faster = more revs Big Grin

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:52 Quote
Hope pro 2 are mint and make a nice sound.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 12:52 Quote
frolosophy wrote:
a loud hub has more points of engagement. basically a 'clicky' hub is better. as for preference, i dont see why someone would choose less noise over better performance.

I believe your wrong.
If your Hub is totally silent does that mean you have no points of engagement?

I own a loud hub, but I would prefer a silent hub or at least quieter hub.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 13:11 Quote
look at the chris king hub 72 points of engangement and dead silent then look at a low pawl hub 8 6 or 4 pawl they are loud as hell. it all in hub design, but for the msot party low pawl equals high noise alot of engagement points is more silent.

Posted: Nov 1, 2007 at 13:14 Quote
I used to have one that was way clicky and loud. I can't remember what kind but it was great because people would hear me coming and move. Now as I ride through campus people hardly notice me till I am right on them. I also liked it while downhilling, just a nice hum from my bike. It was like it was speaking to me. lol

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019079
Mobile Version of Website