Tips for backflip?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Tips for backflip?
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
360s are harder then flips, but flips just take a lot more balls cuz you're upsidedown... which ever you learn first, the key is to commit.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
alexisdhbraker wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

theres a huge diff between flip and 360, 360s are some thing i learned on my driveway, backflips i wouldnt even consider trying
that is only your form of comparing backflips and 360s dude i can backflip but until now i can't 360

u had to have atleast tryed 3s b4 flips
the way that riders see 360s here in my country is totally diff from your's believe me even pros here say that backflips are easily that 360 dunno why

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
alexisdhbraker wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:
alexisdhbraker wrote:

that is only your form of comparing backflips and 360s dude i can backflip but until now i can't 360

the way that riders see 360s here in my country is totally diff from your's believe me even pros here say that backflips are easily that 360 dunno why

ive heard they dont take as much effort, but if u got places where kids have indoor parks with foam pits, they all can flip and not 3

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
alexisdhbraker wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

ive heard they dont take as much effort, but if u got places where kids have indoor parks with foam pits, they all can flip and not 3
perfect reason there...

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
dam crazy but do any of oyu know how to get to the old rampage site????

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
wow you guys butchered my statement... i said there is the same PRINCIPLE with 360's as there are with flips... for a 360 if you want to get the full rotation you have to keep your head turned and facing sideways to keep that sideways momentum, correct? now as with a backflip, you want to keep facing upwards and behind you to keep the backwards momentum... what i was getting at was, look where you wish to spin/rotate.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
[Quote="pake"]
alexisdhbraker wrote:
mikedjumpin wrote:

if u cant 360 ur not good enough to back flip, same kinda thing dont try to run when u cant walk
well, some bikers here in my country decide first to backflip and then learn how to 360
bearlclaw can 360 and do 360 whips all day, but has yet to backflip..................[/Quote]

bearclaw can flip. he fliped the hip at crnkworx. he said hye just doesnt like to do them

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
ok drop the whole darren flip thing!!!!

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
johannkuschke wrote:
wow you guys butchered my statement... i said there is the same PRINCIPLE with 360's as there are with flips... for a 360 if you want to get the full rotation you have to keep your head turned and facing sideways to keep that sideways momentum, correct? now as with a backflip, you want to keep facing upwards and behind you to keep the backwards momentum... what i was getting at was, look where you wish to spin/rotate.

wow thanks mr.obvious

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
They both have the exact same principle to them. You're rotating 360° on an axis, and as long as you spot your landing you'll be good. Backflips take more balls than skill.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:51 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
johannkuschke wrote:

wow thanks mr.obvious
haha, same lol

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
wow my forum has a lot of ppl talking on it!!!!1

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
keemosabi92 wrote:
wow my forum has a lot of ppl talking on it!!!!1
just because im waiting my girlfriend to come lol!

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
It's probably been said, but:
Commit dont pussy out or your f*cked.
Pull back on the bars and keep lookin back to spot your landing.
If you find you need more rotation tuck your knees in to help the spin.
Start to pull back when your front tire leaves the lip of the jump.

Basically what I do.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
johannkuschke wrote:

wow thanks mr.obvious

wow.. getting smart ass remarks from a 12 year old. haha i guess i can expect it from pinkbike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013582
Mobile Version of Website