Most embarrasing thing you have done on your bike

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Most embarrasing thing you have done on your bike
Posted: May 9, 2013 at 12:38 Quote
Went off a jump, didnt commit at all, sort of fell off the lip and just landed on the back of it, and fakied down the back of the landing. I decelerated so fast made that egh noise like riding into a wall

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 12:49 Quote
Back when I was just molding my jumping skills I was commited to a jump then decided I didnt want to jump it so slammed on my brakes 15 feet before it. I didn't turn so I was still heading straight for the lip and just went off of it with the speed I had. Problem was I was going too slow or still had the brakes dragging but rhe rear wheel hung up on the lip and I went flying into the landing. Tackled that shit hard lol

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 13:41 Quote
When i first started riding on an old stp, someone thought it a good idea to get me to test a jump, when i had newbie balls. But they also thought it a good idea to un do my qr axle, and i just watched the front wheel fall away and hit the dirt, luckily it was all loamy

O+
Posted: May 9, 2013 at 13:59 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
When i first started riding on an old stp, someone thought it a good idea to get me to test a jump, when i had newbie balls. But they also thought it a good idea to un do my qr axle, and i just watched the front wheel fall away and hit the dirt, luckily it was all loamy

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

I wouldn't laugh it had hurt....But lol!

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
It was my firt proper crash, and was what broke the beginners balls for me. It hurt bad, but by today's standards, of what a bad crash is it didnt hurt if that makes sense? like now i would carry on riding after something like that, and probably forget to mention it to my mum when i got home. Back then it was the gnarliest crash imaginable for me.

Posted: May 9, 2013 at 23:00 Quote
Slammed into the side of a car full force, infront of about 10 people I knew, in the middle of a crowded street.

100% my fault for A) Not seeing the car come up the hill in the other lane, and B) I REALLLY overshot a jump on the side of the road.

It was a sort of 45 degree jump, gap the sidewalk, land in my lane. I ended up landing in the far lane, swerved, took the drivers side mirror off with my elbow, took the drivers window out with my bar ends, and fell into the side of the car.

No major injuries other than a concussion, no major damage to the bike other than some blood and scratches.

Woke up to a paramedic asking me if I was okay, the driver was in tears, thinking I was seriously injured, her son was all shook up too.

The people that saw it freaked out. I felt so embarrassed, and felt like such a dick for damaging this ladies car.

They were all worried about me, and all I was worried about was how I was going to pay for the damages to her car. I ended up not having to, guess her insurance covered it.

I did get a ticket from the cops, and I got one hell of an ear beating. Overall it was certainly a lesson learned the hard way.

Posted: May 10, 2013 at 1:53 Quote
Was having a backsie on the bike, fell off nd tea bagged the back tire and stoped the bike with my nuts. Was more in pain then worrying about looking like a twit

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 10:20 Quote
Took a corner doing mach 1 on campus, and ate shit in front of everyone....

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 10:40 Quote
Everyone crashes in front of everyone at some point

Posted: Sep 4, 2013 at 14:52 Quote
IH4LIFE wrote:
Took a corner doing mach 1 on campus, and ate shit in front of everyone....

One of my buddies did this on my single speed bike. I have bullhorn bars so the brakes are on the end. He was riding in a parking lot, took a turn and crashed into the back of a parked pickup. Bent my bars all to hell and shattered his collarbone haha

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 18:50 Quote
riding on my old bmx and tryed to duck under sign and corked my head in front of some random old people gardeningDead Horse i still blame the bike

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 14:31 Quote
Not me personally, but this kid was pretty damn embarassed

So there I am shopping with my girlfriend, just been to a load of shops I don't like. We walking to get some food and some kid (must have been about 17) on a beat-up ass DMR drone with clunky-edition DJ3s comes bombing it down a hill, riding on the curb. I saw him coming from a decent distance away so I pulled my girlfriend over to one side to let him past. He then puts in a couple pedal stokes as a woman comes around the corner with a pram. Guy slams on his brake and skids leaving a dark black mark on paving slabs. He eventually comes to a stop a couple inches short of the pram. The lady goes crazy because this kid nearly took her baby out.

The kid was clearly a cheeky phucken kunt and shouts back at this lady "WOT, I STOPPED DIDN'T I!?"

Unfortunately for this boy, the lady's Husband was a much larger cheeky phuken kunt. He had been trailing behind for whatever reason and didn't hesitate to unleash the force of 1000 falcon punches into this kids ears with his loud, loud voice...

"WHO THE f*ck DO YOU THINK YOU ARE"

*grabs the kid off his bike and pushes him up against a wall*

"CYCLISTS AREN'T EVEN ALLOWED ON THE CURB, YOU f*ckING IDIOT"

*slaps the kid hard across the face*

"IF I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN I WILL BREAK YOUR f*ckING LEGS"

The woman had already hurried off with the child. People were staring hard, but that didn't deter the man from uncrewing the dustcaps and deflating the kids tires - defying the kid to do anything about it. The then looked the kid hard in the eyes and walked away.

For the duration of this me and my girlfriend stood backs against the wall with faces like Eek

Kid was an a*shole, but the other guy may have taken it a bit too far.

Either way, that kid was embarassed and on a bike (particularly as he pushed the bike home) so I thought this thread may enjoy.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 15:08 Quote
Until he came to the garage round the corner where he pumped up his tires... What i have found is the same f*cks that shout at you for riding on the pavement shout at you for riding on the road whilst they are driving, and over take clipping your bars ect ( i am super considerate of cyclists when i drive) I have also found they are often pavement hogs... (one bitch made me loose a fingernail when she stepped into my way on purpose, then shouted at me as my finger pissed blood...)

Guy sounds a tool, and were he a good cyclist would have just swerved and not had to stop, flip side people who moan at cyclists are often tools too.

Posted: Sep 14, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
The dude may have taken it a bit too far (yellin at the kid and deflating the tires may have been alright) but it was still an entertaining story to read nonetheless :pb:

Posted: Sep 15, 2013 at 8:15 Quote
It was one of those two wrongs don't make a right situation. The kid was in the wrong in one direction, but the husband was in the wrong in the other.

You can kinda excuse the Husband's reaction though, the thick f*ck on the bike could have killed his baby with his carelessness...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015450
Mobile Version of Website