Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)
Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 16:05 Quote
While most of the build is pretty weight minded the frame isn't exactly known for being super light in the world of steel dirt jump bikes.

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 20:08 Quote
Exactly. Those same parts on a Majesty or 26player with an rct or circus expert and no front brake it would take off quite a lot. Switch the seatand post for a box components or octane 1 seat/post combo and get a lighter chain and you'd be hovering around 22lbs. Maybe even 21.

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 21:03 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Exactly. Those same parts on a Majesty or 26player with an rct or circus expert and no front brake it would take off quite a lot. Switch the seatand post for a box components or octane 1 seat/post combo and get a lighter chain and you'd be hovering around 22lbs. Maybe even 21.

Lighter chain? Thats a KMC X10SL what else is lighter aside from 11 or 12 speed which is not worth experimenting with on a dirtjump bike.

So here's the deal, the goal of the bike. I'm oldish. I've got health problems. My body isn't as durable as it used to be.
I'm not doing any slopestyle stuff. I don't really care about tricks. I'm just going to float some doubles, carve some pump tracks and do some manuals and pretend to be Taj or Ruben.

1) Bars, stem and grips will be swapped to Renthal.

2) Fork will be swapped for an MRP Loop SL. Not for weight but because I need a straight steerer and shorter travel. I know, fox or marzocchi or argyle... I don't care. I want to support companies that manufacture in the US and provide living wages their neighbors.

3) Bottom Bracket will be a King, Because USA, their 45 minutes down the road, and they last forever. Crankflip heaven!

4) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the seat. The Thomson has ti bolts already and USA made.

5) I haven't decided what to do for pedals as the pair currently attached belong on my Solid(USA made lol).

6) I've thought about swapping the frame for an Intense or later model STP (see below) but I;ve had some opportunities to work with some of the folks from Spank and their distributors and I like supporting them and it's a good looking frame.

7) TIres, tan wall DMR's if I can't find some KHE tires to try.

Here's my old STP as mentioned above. I don't recall the weight.
2011 Giant STP with lowered 100mm Lyrik

Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
Sorry, my bad. I didn't even really look too closely at the frame or build tbh. My suggestions mainly intended to add slight amounts of weight for durability and take weight away in other places but mainly- I was playing 'fantasy football' with weight-centric bike builds.

If you check my profile you'll see-my Majesty has the same rims as your bike, similar cranks, bar, etc, but my Majesty weighs around 22.3lbs. I was surprised when I first saw your bikes weight, that was the reason behind my rant. Again, sorry man

Posted: Jul 6, 2017 at 7:43 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Sorry, my bad. I didn't even really look too closely at the frame or build tbh. My suggestions mainly intended to add slight amounts of weight for durability and take weight away in other places but mainly- I was playing 'fantasy football' with weight-centric bike builds.

If you check my profile you'll see-my Majesty has the same rims as your bike, similar cranks, bar, etc, but my Majesty weighs around 22.3lbs. I was surprised when I first saw your bikes weight, that was the reason behind my rant. Again, sorry man

I wasn't trying to pick on you. I just wasn't aware of a chain that would be lighter.
I'll post up again once I have a chance to make the changes to the bike.

Posted: Aug 26, 2017 at 17:37 Quote
Weight weenie mods on the STP. Currently a little over 22 lbs.
Slightly over 22 lbs
Currently a little over 22 lbs.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 10:49 Quote

According to my luggage scale, just over 25 lbs. Not bad considering a coil fork in front and a beefy rear wheel.

2014 Diamondback 2nd Assault, bought used this summer. Built a new back wheel (Halo DJD + MTX33), new rear brake (TRP Spyke), new tires (Mac2 Dirts), new grips (ODI), 25T sprocket up front, new seat/post (Brand X), quick release clamp (Hope), and a new 35mm stem that should show up sometime this week (Funnduro).

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 11:05 Quote
Hello everyone,
i'm just thinking about buying a Dartmoor 26 Player Pro in top condition for around 1000 Euro. With 11,85kg in total, the bike ist - for my opinion - slightly to heavy, anything not to expensive to change, some ideas?
Fork: Rock Shox Pike DJ, travel 100mm, axle 15mm, tapered
Headset: integrated, IS42/IS52
Rear brake: SRAM Level T, rotor 160mm
Crankset: Dartmoor Chukka, 3–pcs, Cr–Mo 4130
Chainring: Dartmoor Peacock 25T
Chain: Dartmoor Core Black
Pedals: Dartmoor Stream OEM
Rims: Dartmoor Shield 26”, 32H, A/V
Front hub: Dartmoor Reel Pro 100x15mm, 32H
Rear hub: Dartmoor Reel Pro Singlespeed 10T, 32H
Tires: Schwalbe Table Top 26x2.25”
Handlebar: Dartmoor Tornado 750 mm, Ø31.8mm
Stem: Dartmoor Fury v.2, 45mm, Ø31.8mm
Grips: Dartmoor Maze
Saddle: Dartmoor Fatty Combo, 27.2x200mm
Weight: 11.85kg (with pedals)

My thoughts:
Cranks: Dartmoor Thorn (around 200 Euro)
Pedals: Dartmoor Candy/Plastic Pedals (around 30 Euro)
Tires: Maxxis DTH Skinwalls 2.15" (around 60 Euro)
+ maybe another brake, because the Level T should be not the very best choice.
What do you guys think about this decision?

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 11:07 Quote
I would get mtb style cranks- they are cheaper and lighter and equally as strong if you have no intention of grinding. Shimano zees are cheaper and come in 165-175 lengths and 30 grams lighter than dartmoor thorns.

Tire choice is good, but if your dirt jumps are sandy DTHs are useless- Ikons would be better for more dirt use, and the DTHs will be better if you ride a lot of park and street.

The brake is not super important, but if you are worried about it failing just avoid SRAM and Shimano altogether- I am sick of breaking Shimano brakes and SRAM basically copied most of Shimano design with equally as many master cylinder issues. Formulas feel great and the Cura has been used for WC DH racing under Bruni for 2 seasons now. They feel great and are strong enough to use only 140 rotor for DJ.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 15:40 Quote
R-trailking-S wrote:
I would get mtb style cranks- they are cheaper and lighter and equally as strong if you have no intention of grinding. Shimano zees are cheaper and come in 165-175 lengths and 30 grams lighter than dartmoor thorns.

Doesn't seem that way to me, if you want to keep the 25t. Have to get a direct mount crank system, and those don't exactly come cheap...
Could be wrong of course, but I'm in that very same boat myself, gotta decide between rf turbines (24t) or something bmx. Leaning towards the latter because it seems to be a bit easier to adjust the chainline.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 16:31 Quote
Second hand raceface aeffects can be had cheap. I got the SRAM X1s on my jump bike for £30 too. Blackspire rings are £2-30

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 23:43 Quote
every day's a school day eh. that's pretty useful info for me, ta!Wink

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 13:22 Quote
That's exactly the issue right here, i'd like to keep the 25:10 speed, instead of changing everything, the thorn cranks are 170mm and around 750gr, so acceptable and solid. Grinding is no option, so it doesn't matter if aluminium or steel, just carbon is too risky for me: There are a lot of rumors going on with broken XO Cranks...
Tires gonna be ikon in the front and dth in the back, as nearly the whole Pro-Biker section.
At first, i'm gonna keep the brakes and test them, a big thank you to everybody!
The result in pictures is going to be online soon!

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 at 17:52 Quote
Again good luck with bb adaptors for pf92 to box sized.

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 1:51 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
Again good luck with bb adaptors for pf92 to box sized.

What do you pointing at? Am i too stupid or is it to early in the morning?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.027726
Mobile Version of Website