Bay Area Shops

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
So here is a thread that is related to "Bay Area Riders." But this is a thread to discuss bay area shops. Try not to bash too bad on shops....I know woodside bikes sucks because Zoran is a douche bag....but we all knew that (I hope). Put your input, support, or criticism of bay area shops.

I would like to start by saying that Passion Trail Bikes in Belmont is really good. They are friendly, fair, and take their customer service very seriously. They only cary mtn bikes, so yeah, half of their store isn't gay road bikes.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:27 Quote
Performance bikes is ok, my dad got a great deal on a road bike through them.
Hank and Frank has also been pretty good, getting some wheels built right now.

So far I hate:
alamo bikes
danville bikes
clayton bikes
encina bikes

not even going to go into detail about them just think twice before spend money there.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
I've had great luck with Passion Trail, but more local (in Palo Alto), I'd recommend Bike Connection. Mike's Bikes is trash, and I really don't like Performance or the Off Ramp.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
bike connection sucks. I personally like trail head the best. they are all racers that work their so the knowledge is very good.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:38 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
I've had great luck with Passion Trail, but more local (in Palo Alto), I'd recommend Bike Connection. Mike's Bikes is trash, and I really don't like Performance or the Off Ramp.
i hear trail head cyclery is good. and i don't like the bike connection, they don't really have much in stock. although i have never gone to them with the intention of fixing my bike

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:40 Quote
Wow, what do you guys have against Bike Connection? They don't have that much in stock but they do good work and they're nice people. They did a sweet rebuild on my Fox and they always help me out.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:43 Quote
Then again, it all depends on who you know. If the shop knows you and you're around, you'll get good service.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
yeah, i've never gone to them to fix my bike cause i live in Redwood City and i bought my bike from passion, so I know them and it's close to my house

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
passion trail bikes runs shit...but greg aguilar is the best mechanic around....and you will never find him

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
MIKES BIKES BERKELEY!!!!

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
i like callabasis (spelling?) cyclery the best

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
biker12344 wrote:
i like callabasis (spelling?) cyclery the best

Oh yeah, they're really good.
It's Calabazas.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
anyone know any good urban/skate parks that are bike friendly around pier 39 area?

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
anyone know any good urban/skate parks that are bike friendly around pier 39 area?
no cuz there are none

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
thats completely off topic.. Basically all Palo Alto shops are shit except for Mikes Bikes which is ok.... If you want good quality go to Trail Head or to Passion.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009336
Mobile Version of Website