Stubbed thumb

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
heyy i had a bad crash today at braefoot which resulted in me flying over the bars and flipping mid air and well i landed on my thumb and i think i may have stubbed it.
i can move the finger and its only when i try put pressure on it that it causes pain.

this happened at like 2:30 this afternoon and its still as swollen as ever. how long roughly should i wait to see a doctor if it hasnt unswollen?

and is there anything i can to to help relieve the swoll?

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
I had a similar thumb injury this summer, you should be putting ice on it immediately, it will help reduce the swelling, and advil will also help. My thumb the next day was extremely swollen, but the following day I could already see the swelling going down. Its been over 6 months now, and my thumb still gets sore while writing. The best thing you can do is ice it, and continue doing so for about a week.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 8:59 Quote
yoif it stays really swollen and painfull you might of twited dislocated riped tendons or evean broken it but depends on the extent

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
I hurt a finger on the 4th of july and it is still somewhat swolen and it still wont bend quite all of the way.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 10:50 Quote
its still a tenney weeny bit bit swollen and it only hurts when im really gripping it.

thanks for the help guys Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009579
Mobile Version of Website