High Quality HD cameras (used for production) - NEED HELP!

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
High Quality HD cameras (used for production) - NEED HELP!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 9:31 Quote
So I am looking to maybe (near future) getting into making my own little short movies (not necessarily biking and boarding, but those might be in there). I was simply wondering if someone could maybe tell me, what are some popular cameras used to film professionally editted movies ( like NWD series, and Forum's That).

I am looking to maybe buy one, and any help would be great!

For example, whats the opinion on camera's like the canon XH A1 HD????

http://images.digitalmedianet.com/2006/Week_52/w6uwwp1v/story/hx_a1_1280.jpg

Good? Anyone ever use something like that? Anyone know what cameras were used for any of the biking movies we all love? Any issue with weather (canadian cold)?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 12:56 Quote
Justen Soule filmed Steven moxely's session video part 7 with an xh a1 im pretty sure.

https://vimeo.com/2624996

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:16 Quote
Ah, well that's good to know. I also read that the camera was used for scenes in Crank 2 (that Jason Statham movie that's coming out soon I guess).

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
For camera's that would have been used for stuff like NWD you would be looking at spending upwards of 50 grand. On the more realistic side of things we have camera's like the Canon XH-A1, Panasonic AG-HVX200A, Panasonic AG-HPX170, and the Panasonic AG-HMC150. If I were you I would look at the AG-HMC150.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
You suggesting its better than the sony? Just wondering, as you can tell, total noob when it comes to these Hi Def $$$ cam's.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
What Sony are you talking about? If it's the EX-1, then no. The EX1 is a better camera than the AG-HMC150. Keep in mind that for the cost of the EX-1 you can get two of the AG-HMC150's. Most people can't find a reason to spend THAT much more on a camera that produces an images that's only a little better.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
Aww shit ma bad, i was looking at some electronics when I was typing, I meant the Canon. (I was looking at sony tv's at the time haha, sorry, Freudian slip i guess).

I meant if you think the Canon is better than the Panasonic.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 11:20 Quote
I think the Panasonic is better than the Canon.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
cool, now I need to find a like new, or brand new one being sold privately and cheap lol. Someone was selling a Canon here locally brand new for 2500$ in a package with a mic. Wasn't too bad of a deal.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
Well the Panasonic is only a few months old so you will be hard pressed to find many used let alone cheap too haha. $2500 for the A1 is not too bad of a dealt though. They are going for like $3000 US on www.bandhphoto.com which is roughly $3500 CAD.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 6:09 Quote
I thought that as well, esepcailly since it comes with a mic too (aftermarket one). But I will wait a bit for now.... Maybe some day I will buy a sony Wink

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012674
Mobile Version of Website