Do clear brake pads prevent paint rubbing off rims

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Do clear brake pads prevent paint rubbing off rims
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2011 at 17:22 Quote
...WAIT! I WANT THE LAST POST! Get chrome rims =] won't wear from braking for a LOOONG time, like years

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 10:41 Quote
samthehamster wrote:
dh-pete wrote:
I have heard of people layering the contact are of the rim with a coat of clear nail varnish. But I do not know how well this works. Considering how hard wearing the stuff is, it could work, but your braking power could weaken.

I say try it, if it doesn't work, nail varnish remover will get it off. But if your rim isn't well painted, it'll get more than the varnish off..

Surely this isnt going to work considering the idea of nail varnish remover is to remove the paint from nails. so how is it going to protect paint?

when your rims get painted they use car paint or something similar which is designed to last the life of your car/bike and nail paint is designed to last a week or 2 so you can obviously see the difference in paints and thats why nail varnish remover wouldn't take the paint off but i give you no guarantees on if you spray painted them with something you would get at canadian tire

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 11:11 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
...WAIT! I WANT THE LAST POST! Get chrome rims =] won't wear from braking for a LOOONG time, like years
if you use chrome rims, you have to use red pads. and eclat clear pads work better than oddy clear. i ride oddys on my sunday(bad idea) and eclats on my WTP arcade.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 15:00 Quote
DevoBlackman wrote:
Facepalm
lol .... I feel ya

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 16:11 Quote
DevoBlackman wrote:
Facepalm
Was this for the gravedig, or that he said you have to use red pads?? lol

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 at 16:43 Quote
ISuckAtBikes wrote:
DevoBlackman wrote:
Facepalm
Was this for the gravedig, or that he said you have to use red pads?? lol
Both I believe.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014867
Mobile Version of Website