Jumps with bulldozer/bobcat and dry dirt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Jumps with bulldozer/bobcat and dry dirt
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
I have some land in a diff country that im going to visit and its very dry there and im given machinery to build some jumps . can anyone give me some tips on making flowy djs fast with it. , like some tech tips on using machinery

the land is flat
very dry hot weather but hose accecible

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
I don't know a lot about machinery, but I defiantly think that you will have to make a good transition with a shovel i think that it will be very hard to make them smooth and flowy with a bulldozer or bobcat

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
did you just say it will be hard to make a smooth jump with a bobcat?

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
you just blew my mind lol

anyways. i would also recommend trying to get yourself a nice wooden rollin. maybe like 12-14 feet high pedaling on flat isn't the funnest

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
woowoo wrote:
you just blew my mind lol

anyways. i would also recommend trying to get yourself a nice wooden rollin. maybe like 12-14 feet high pedaling on flat isn't the funnest
how did I blow your mind?

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
i think im just going to build like some rollers and berms at the begining for speed

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
ya this will be my first time , any driving/functioning tips?

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
ouu also great plan. find the short clip of jordie lunns house from roam. they have decent sized jumps and start from a flat.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
really :S thats my fault. it looks really level in the movie and most pictures iv seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ggv4t3yItM

anyways thats what i was talking about Smile

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
dirtcrew wrote:
ya this will be my first time , any driving/functioning tips?

if you watch dirty jobs, dont take driving tips from mike rowe lol. he sucks!

like stated, bobcats arent the best at digging, but rather scooping loose soil to place somewhere else. use rocks as filler to not waste dirt/make it go faster. if the hose is easily accessable, use it. get the dirt moist and use the bobcat to compact it. build slowly, and compact with the bucket/wheels of the machine.

shape it by hand like you normally would if you cant get it smooth with the machines.

oh yeah, where is the land, and GOOD LUCK!

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
i dono, all my jumps are built with a tractor... but my dad is a halla good driver, all we do is scrape the dirt off the ground less than an inch per scrape and after about 20 feet, you have a full bucket... i found it way faster than digging or filling with rocks.

once the dirt was piled i just moved it around with a shovel and shaped them and they are turing out great

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
i can use a bulldozer and bobcat , and the land is in iran

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:32 Quote
jackaljumps wrote:
i dono, all my jumps are built with a tractor... but my dad is a halla good driver, all we do is scrape the dirt off the ground less than an inch per scrape and after about 20 feet, you have a full bucket... i found it way faster than digging or filling with rocks.

once the dirt was piled i just moved it around with a shovel and shaped them and they are turing out great

one thing you should know is dry dirt dosent stack well with realy dry dirt, it kind of just starts spereding out after its piled around 4-5 feet tall, that was the main problem i found when using maceanery

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 16:52 Quote
jackaljumps wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:

one thing you should know is dry dirt dosent stack well with realy dry dirt, it kind of just starts spereding out after its piled around 4-5 feet tall, that was the main problem i found when using maceanery
would it stack if i gradually spray it in layers then piling on top

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010352
Mobile Version of Website