Jumps with bulldozer/bobcat and dry dirt

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Jumps with bulldozer/bobcat and dry dirt
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
dirtcrew wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:
i dono, all my jumps are built with a tractor... but my dad is a halla good driver, all we do is scrape the dirt off the ground less than an inch per scrape and after about 20 feet, you have a full bucket... i found it way faster than digging or filling with rocks.

once the dirt was piled i just moved it around with a shovel and shaped them and they are turing out great

one thing you should know is dry dirt dosent stack well with realy dry dirt, it kind of just starts spereding out after its piled around 4-5 feet tall, that was the main problem i found when using maceanery
would it stack if i gradually spray it in layers then piling on top

it could, i havent realy tried it... just when it started raining more, i built more so the jumps piled better

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
dirtcrew wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:
jackaljumps wrote:
i dono, all my jumps are built with a tractor... but my dad is a halla good driver, all we do is scrape the dirt off the ground less than an inch per scrape and after about 20 feet, you have a full bucket... i found it way faster than digging or filling with rocks.

once the dirt was piled i just moved it around with a shovel and shaped them and they are turing out great

one thing you should know is dry dirt dosent stack well with realy dry dirt, it kind of just starts spereding out after its piled around 4-5 feet tall, that was the main problem i found when using maceanery
would it stack if i gradually spray it in layers then piling on top

experience with a shovel and dirt would lead me to say yes. moist dirt right after rain is easiest to build with, so try to soak the dirt then dig it the morning after.

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
im visiting relatives there , and i just found out that the dirt is actually clayFab

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
DJS also work really good if ya wet them down every now and then

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 6:03 Quote
if i was you i would get all the dirt by a bobcat or somthing and then shap the lips by hand with you normal tools and then for the lander i would get the bobcat and pack and shap with itSalute

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.060271
Mobile Version of Website