Recent biking injury... Out for 6 months... Let's hear your story aswell.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Recent biking injury... Out for 6 months... Let's hear your story aswell.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 2:12 Quote
well, im back home after surgery, my knee hurts like hell and my leg feels like a piece of dead weight attached to my body.. this is what it looks like...
photo

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 8:41 Quote
henry661 wrote:
well, im back home after surgery, my knee hurts like hell and my leg feels like a piece of dead weight attached to my body.. this is what it looks like...
photo

Nice! I'm curious where did he take the graft from..I've never seen an incision in that location, most of the time it's from the patella like my pic..
Good luck, just sit around, ice it, do your therapy, and watch bike vids.

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
Helps if I actually attach the pic..this was 1 week after surgery.
photo

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 8:48 Quote
looks like the same as mine, although i had 2 incisions, 1 parallel to the bone and 1 just above it. looks tidy tho', can hardly notice mine once my hair grew back, you don't seem to have too much swelling either, hope all goes well for you.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 10:12 Quote
Very nice. I'm guessing from the incision they might have used your hamstrings to construct the new ACL? If so as was mine, get ready for serious pain in the hamstrings where they harvested the tissue. It will burn and feel tight when you start working the knee again. When you actually start riding your bike, and I mean cross country rides, not freeride or DH, both legs will hurt like heck because of the inactivity on each. My daughter was back playing soccer in college 1 year after her ACL surgery and without a brace. They used the patella tendon on hers.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
i clipped my knee on a stump and ruptured the medial ligament (inside of knee) a few years ago. I can still hear the tearing sound it made as my knee folded inwards.

8 weeks of physio, no surgery (yet).

My bike was fine.

Posted: Jan 26, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
chris2003 wrote:
bike was fine.
Thank goodness! I was really worried until you said that.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
broke my collar bone in 3 pieces 20 hours ago, pissed because the doctor man said i will have to wait for nature to heal it and didn't actually treat the injury just put on a figure eight sling on...Rolleyes and that it will take two to three months to fully heal. so im going to call my gp beacause i want the ends put back together, not just heal in a big clusterf*ck of bone.Dead Horse Madder Really Mad

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
All P.E. techers are the same... sue him/her!!!!

i twisted my foot, nad it touched my shin... doctor said, ice... Dead Horse still hurts, and is swollen, heh...

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
I broke my shoulder 2 years ago and I didn't went to a doctor. I thought that it was just an ordinary injury. It healed right but i found out that I have a problem with my tenden 'cause my right shoulder always hurt when i did something harder. And i had to quit riding and basketball at all , doctor said, but I can't live without my bike so i managed to ride again and everything at the price of feeling the pain in the evening,before i go to sleep. And now,last Friday I fell on my right shoulder again, I didnt broke it luckily but i can barely move my right hand and now I have to see it on a medical ultrasound. I know that I'm not going to ride at least for a month and I'm afraid It's not something more serious. Just hoping for the best. It hurts like hell right now but I think It's all in our heads so we can do everyrhing,even recover from a hard injury.
I'm 18 years old so It should heal faster. This doctors here kinda suck so if someone of you had a similar injury can u tell me some things to work out or something. TY

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
markec7 wrote:
I broke my shoulder 2 years ago and I didn't went to a doctor. I thought that it was just an ordinary injury. It healed right but i found out that I have a problem with my tenden 'cause my right shoulder always hurt when i did something harder. And i had to quit riding and basketball at all , doctor said, but I can't live without my bike so i managed to ride again and everything at the price of feeling the pain in the evening,before i go to sleep. And now,last Friday I fell on my right shoulder again, I didnt broke it luckily but i can barely move my right hand and now I have to see it on a medical ultrasound. I know that I'm not going to ride at least for a month and I'm afraid It's not something more serious. Just hoping for the best. It hurts like hell right now but I think It's all in our heads so we can do everyrhing,even recover from a hard injury.
I'm 18 years old so It should heal faster. This doctors here kinda suck so if someone of you had a similar injury can u tell me some things to work out or something. TY

damn seems bad, but the ultra sound will ''say'' if its all ok, or bad... btw doctors here suck more, my ankle is still swollen! Blank Stare

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
markec7 wrote:

damn seems bad, but the ultra sound will ''say'' if its all ok, or bad... btw doctors here suck more, my ankle is still swollen! Blank Stare

Hope you'll get ok soon. I'm just waiting wednesday to go on ultra sound and see what's gonna be. Even if the doctor there sucks, I just need a picture. When youre riding u dont think that much of an injury but when u crash and u have to stay at home doing nothing u miss riding and u see that it has a big meaning in your life.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
markec7 wrote:
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
markec7 wrote:

Hope you'll get ok soon. I'm just waiting wednesday to go on ultra sound and see what's gonna be. Even if the doctor there sucks, I just need a picture. When youre riding u dont think that much of an injury but when u crash and u have to stay at home doing nothing u miss riding and u see that it has a big meaning in your life.

very true, hope everything is OK! and theres always sevond opinions... in case the doc seems to suck...

good luck!

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
just getting over a dislocated ankle and broken fib. bike slid out and and caught my foot on the ground and it turned around backwards. 6 screws and a plate to repair it.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
Hit a jump and my bars turned when i hit the landing and they went into my chest and snapped a rib.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019160
Mobile Version of Website