Recent biking injury... Out for 6 months... Let's hear your story aswell.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Recent biking injury... Out for 6 months... Let's hear your story aswell.
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
Norco-rider12 wrote:
Hit a jump and my bars turned when i hit the landing and they went into my chest and snapped a rib.

crap i was wondering if that could happen :S thats what put me off single-crowns, the dual crowns keep the bars from comming straight at me, wich do you have? :S

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
Norco-rider12 wrote:
Hit a jump and my bars turned when i hit the landing and they went into my chest and snapped a rib.

crap i was wondering if that could happen :S thats what put me off single-crowns, the dual crowns keep the bars from comming straight at me, wich do you have? :S

I got single crowns. It hurt so much, put me off my bike for a while.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:27 Quote
Last 3 years have been hell for me. Started with a foot plant gone wrong in the fall of 2006, my knee swelled up and it hurt like a bastard for a few weeks but it was the end of the season so I blew it off as a twist and took it easy for the winter. Early next spring as soon as I would do anything my knee would swell up and then it started locking when bent past 90 degrees. Turns out that I had a large miniscus tear that was causing the problem, got a brace and rode out the season and got it scoped in the fall. early January at the start of hard core bike build season here I noticed that my left elbow had started to hurt. By the time things started to level out in mid summer I couldn't hold a wrench or ride, went to the doctor and was told that I had one of the worst cases of tennis elbow he had ever seen (never played tennis a day in my life) spent the rest of the summer going to physio and barely riding, and the times I did ride it wasn't fun because it hurt too much to hold the bar. Got the arm feeling good in January this year was taken off physio and told all was good, wear my brace when riding and working and I should be good as new. End of January the arms feeling good so I decide to go toboganing with some of the guys from the shop and some of the regular customers, third run down the hill I get high sided down the hill land with my arm out hear a loud popand feel a lot of pain, bounce my arm tucks back beside me, hit again and hear another loud pop and a crunching sound. As I am laying there I am thinking no this can't be happening again, go to the hospital get some xrays done, verdict dislocated left shoulder, broke a loonie sized chunk out of the humourus right at the top, and a hair line crack in the collar bone. Go into work three days later, slip on some ice and guess what, broke the collar bone the rest of the way, shifted the chunk of bone on the humourus. Just came out of the imobilizing sling last week and start physio next week. I currently cant lift my left arm more then8 inches out from my side and if I had to scratch my left buttock I would have to use my right hand. They say it comes in threes I really hope that was it, because three years of constant pain sucks, but I had to suffer any of them again I would take the knee, healed faster and could still ride as long as I wore my brace.
To the guy that started this thread you will be up and going in no time, one of my buddies hasd both his ACL and MCL rebuilt and was riding 2-3 months after, just get a good physio tharapist that works with you to find out whats best for you and your goals.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
you people with the acl surgeries got screwed. sorry to say... you should have gotten a cadavor tendon.

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
type I AC Seperation... any specific thing I should do? stretces, excersizes, etc?
Aside from anti inflamatory meds, sling, and ice of course...

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
I tore my right acl and meniscus pretty bad in 2004, but I was taking glucosamine condriotin (vitamins for your joints) vitamins twice a day, and i did everything the physical therapist told me, even quick smoking for a while. I was snowboarding in 6 months, but it wasnt until a year that i really felt like i was 100%

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
Ha! the same doctor that rebuilt my knee rebuilt my hip in september 2008

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
Hwulex wrote:
Got myself a tibial spine avulsion (broken knee) about six weeks ago.

Just an update and some hope for those that might've endured similar injuries: I was back on my bike riding singletrack inside four months. I've been riding almost daily since and even started running. It's still not quite five months yet but I am now freeriding again and starting to hit bigger stuff just as I was before the break. Knee is basically healed, I just need to rebuild the strength. I've fallen off a dozen times, couple of them quite badly, with no ill effects.

Likewise I've done everything my docs and physio told me, and then some. I walked a minimum of two hours a day, even the day I was discharged and on crutches just to keep me active, my blood pumping, and get me outdoors as I was going nuts. I was on the static bike as soon as I was able to flex my leg, even if not enough to rotate an entire crank revolution. I took cod oil daily to help the joint and four pints (half gallon) of milk daily for calcium to help the bones.

Healing vibes everyone.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
Hwulex wrote:
Hwulex wrote:
Got myself a tibial spine avulsion (broken knee) about six weeks ago.

Just an update and some hope for those that might've endured similar injuries: I was back on my bike riding singletrack inside four months. I've been riding almost daily since and even started running. It's still not quite five months yet but I am now freeriding again and starting to hit bigger stuff just as I was before the break. Knee is basically healed, I just need to rebuild the strength. I've fallen off a dozen times, couple of them quite badly, with no ill effects.

Likewise I've done everything my docs and physio told me, and then some. I walked a minimum of two hours a day, even the day I was discharged and on crutches just to keep me active, my blood pumping, and get me outdoors as I was going nuts. I was on the static bike as soon as I was able to flex my leg, even if not enough to rotate an entire crank revolution. I took cod oil daily to help the joint and four pints (half gallon) of milk daily for calcium to help the bones.

Healing vibes everyone.

I hope u ll get better soon. I have a problem with my shoulder and i can do 20% of things i could do Frown . It's a bad feeling man. But riding is my life and reject your sense od injury and injury itself dissapear. stay strong! To all of you here with injury,and never stop riding. Smile Ride hard die happy

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
did my right wrist in yesterday currently it sits overlaping my hand, spent 6 hours in hospital after being in the waiting room and all they did was take an xray without the tempory pot and then with it. Then sent me home saying they will operate tomorrow, which was this morning but they delayed it till tomorrow. rather frustrating not knowing whats happening.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015192
Mobile Version of Website