x9 shifter
Pg970 11-26 cassette
823's on hope pro 2's
2.5 high rollers
Thompson masterpiece

Still to buy:
Bars--(suggestions?
saddle--suggestions?
Brakes--(Elixir CR's or Codes??) --Ive had codes before (06-07) but never liked the modulation even with a good bleed...they felt too on/off for my liking.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
Do you like wide bars or not? If not go EA70 or Monkeylite DH, but if you like wide bars then you could go Dirty 30, but there are very many wide bars. Elixir CR should be good, cleck out Formula The Ones as well.
For seat and post, SDG IBeam combos are very light and cheap, but if you have more money to spend, go for a Thomson post and a light seat like an SLR.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 18:13 Quote
Look at Nuke Proof and Chromag bars. If you are concerned about weight the weight section at sicklines.com is a great resource.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
I found a set of 70's pretty cheap. I dont like really wide bars...so they fit the bill there...28 is about as long as I like. Thanks for the suggestions...When I build it Ill throw some pics up. It should be a pretty fun ride.

Posted: Jan 11, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
Yea EA70s are very strong and light, I like mine but now I wish I had gotten wider bars because I'm 6'3 and always have my hands hanging off the edge of the bars.
Anyway I'm looking at a Canfield Lucky, the Canfields seems like they can really build some great bikes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008461
Mobile Version of Website