Would my Stinky do for Fort William

PB Forum :: Kona
Would my Stinky do for Fort William
Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:38 Quote
I know fort bill is tough on bikes (and riders)would this bike do for the dh track, if not what could i chnge on it?

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
i wouldnt recomend it
those kona frames are fairly weak, nd since its old it may crack

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:42 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
i wouldnt recomend it

there not weak...

but that old one has way more of a chance of breaking and i bet its only the 6 inch travel one...

get a newer bike man and more travel.. atleast 7 inches

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:44 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
i wouldnt recomend it

there not weak...

but that old one has way more of a chance of breaking and i bet its only the 6 inch travel one...

get a newer bike man and more travel.. atleast 7 inches

they wernt weak but recently ive seen so many breaking, you cant expect a frame to retain its strength for more than a few years

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:46 Quote
its been fine for a few rides on Ski jumps and rock gardens etc. no cracks or even proper scratches!

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
Wolf183 wrote:
I know fort bill is tough on bikes (and riders)would this bike do for the dh track, if not what could i chnge on it?

nothing just do it.Salute

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:48 Quote
Wolf183 wrote:
its been fine for a few rides on Ski jumps and rock gardens etc. no cracks or even proper scratches!

one it hasnt been ridden hard enough

two there are never signs of cracking... it just happens...

three, fort bill from what ive seen can reek havoc on shit

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
marquis wrote:
Wolf183 wrote:

Exactly, go at your own pace and then improve slowly. I would have thought that bike would be fine.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 6:50 Quote
cranxwork wrote:
marquis wrote:
Wolf183 wrote:

Exactly, go at your own pace and then improve slowly. I would have thought that bike would be fine.

Listen to the wisdom that marquis dispenses. Hell, I think that bike would handle Fort Bill.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
madd-matt wrote:
cranxwork wrote:
marquis wrote:

Listen to the wisdom that marquis dispenses. Hell, I think that bike would handle Fort Bill.

me and wisdom lol

all i would do and this is serious,check all your bolts make sure you have plenty of pad life and thats it,the biggest and best thing for your bike and happens to be totally free other than a bit of effort with a pump is air pressure in your tyres.

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:23 Quote
that will easily get down i went down on a hartail chech my pics if you dnt believe me. and i only got 1 punture after putting 2 inertubes in both tyre, lol

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
Kona's are solid bikes!

They crack under EXTREME pressures and thats why they fall apart, because the riders abuse them (not in bad ways) but the intense riding conditions.

Just go ride your bike man...
if it cracks, it sucks but there is nothing you can do.
Just ride your bike!

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:31 Quote
i know several people who have done fort bill on hardtails and it was fine i dont thinnk u need to worry just tighten all your bolts take plenty of spare tubes and a spare set of pads

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:32 Quote
stevy wrote:
that will easily get down i went down on a hartail chech my pics if you dnt believe me. and i only got 1 punture after putting 2 inertubes in both tyre, lol

Lol I have done similar, I hit a red downhill run in Morzine on an 80mm hardtail still enjoyed it like Big Grin

Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:48 Quote
heck, i went up last year on my 06 stinky did 2 full days of riding bike held up fine and didn't even get a puncture, so yeah you'll be fine Smile

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015652
Mobile Version of Website