Vancouver Island Cup Schedule RELEASED!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Vancouver Island Cup Schedule RELEASED!
O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
I'm doing hammerfest cumberland and port alberni this year, and possably the namimio super D if I feel fit enough. hate the course in nanimio, and hate how the race was done in port alice.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
the nanaimo course is super flat but its much better this year i did some work on it removing the stupi dlogs that make you lose al your speed and a few other people changed the entire top section adding tons of berms and stuff totaly worth it this year

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
if anyone is heading over from abbotsford, chilliwack, or anywhere close to there,
me and my buddy need a car pool and we'll pitch in to the price of the ferry for
the car. please and thank you! =D

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
Hey,

Thinking of coming out from Calgary the end of March early April. Which race(s) do you think would be the most fun? I'm thinking of hitting the Nanaimo DH as I've got friends that live near there.

Cheers,
Doug

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 12:32 Quote
i would say hammerfest dh nanaimo dh and port alberni are the funnest close ones if you are in to driving 5 hours do theport alice rumble fest its super fun
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey,

Thinking of coming out from Calgary the end of March early April. Which race(s) do you think would be the most fun? I'm thinking of hitting the Nanaimo DH as I've got friends that live near there.

Cheers,
Doug

FL
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey,

Cheers,
Doug

Hey Doug,

Ya, I would agree with Curtis. Come out to the Nanaimo DH and Hammerfest. Port Alberni is a bit more ehh, but if your around while it's on, may as well!

-EricP.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
FaultLineMediaGroup wrote:
bigheaddoug wrote:
Hey,

Cheers,
Doug

Hey Doug,

Ya, I would agree with Curtis. Come out to the Nanaimo DH and Hammerfest. Port Alberni is a bit more ehh, but if your around while it's on, may as well!

-EricP.

Thanks, going to try and make it out for the Nanaimo race.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:44 Quote
i raced the nanimo one years ago and there was actually uphill sections, it sucked. the cumberland one wasn much nicer and faster
hop things have changed for the better by now.

FL
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
brassballs wrote:
i raced the nanimo one years ago and there was actually uphill sections, it sucked. the cumberland one wasn much nicer and faster
hop things have changed for the better by now.

hey dude. as of last year it's on a new course, which is A LOT more fun trust me. even in this video i'm about to link you to it's looks eh, but it's a blast to ride, and plus it's a lot different now from this video

also keep in mind this is one of our first videos so it's not so good. but check it out! it's at this track.

Views: 17,215    Faves: 143    Comments: 133

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 21:32 Quote
anyone want to ride the nanaimo DH trail this weekend? i dont know where it is and it would be good if i could find out before the race haha

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 21:19 Quote
are these races do able on an sx trail? or do they require a full on dh rig? thanks!

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 21:21 Quote
You could easely do all of the races on an SX trail, and do quite well.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 21:22 Quote
there is still ilek a foot of snow out there no rding for awhile yet
ningaduck wrote:
anyone want to ride the nanaimo DH trail this weekend? i dont know where it is and it would be good if i could find out before the race haha

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 6:01 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
You could easely do all of the races on an SX trail, and do quite well.
I havea 36 on the front right now. are any races burlier and require a dual crown? because im thinking of picking up a boxxer

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
makripper wrote:
dylanvarkonja wrote:
You could easily do all of the races on an SX trail, and do quite well.
I havea 36 on the front right now. are any races burlier and require a dual crown? because im thinking of picking up a boxxer

I don't think you would need one (a dual crown) for the island cup races. I couple of guys raced intermediate last year on SX trails w/ 36s and did fairly well. You would be faster on a DH bike, but you really don't need one unless your super competitive and are using the island cups as a warm up for the BC or Canada cup series.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015871
Mobile Version of Website