Avid Elixir R help

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Avid Elixir R help
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 15:15 Quote
JonahH1992 wrote:
Hi I actually have the same problem but i cant fix it. I have Avid Elixir R's an After a few hours riding the lever pulls back to the bar and i still have braking but the lever pulls back so far that my hand gets in the way an i cant brake. Ive had them bled 3 times now an they still pull back to the bar after a few hours. Any help would be much apreciated as im going to morzine on sunday an would quite like to have working brakes!!

are you bleeding your own brakes? if you are chances are it is air in the line and you need to get them professionally done. Im a bike mechanic, dont be cheap, pay the labour to get them properly done and save yourself a headache...ive rebbled the same guys bike 3 seasons in a row bc he tries to be cheap and do it himself andit just costs him more money.

Posted: Aug 10, 2010 at 15:28 Quote
jdemarco wrote:
JonahH1992 wrote:
Hi I actually have the same problem but i cant fix it. I have Avid Elixir R's an After a few hours riding the lever pulls back to the bar and i still have braking but the lever pulls back so far that my hand gets in the way an i cant brake. Ive had them bled 3 times now an they still pull back to the bar after a few hours. Any help would be much apreciated as im going to morzine on sunday an would quite like to have working brakes!!

are you bleeding your own brakes? if you are chances are it is air in the line and you need to get them professionally done. Im a bike mechanic, dont be cheap, pay the labour to get them properly done and save yourself a headache...ive rebbled the same guys bike 3 seasons in a row bc he tries to be cheap and do it himself andit just costs him more money.

hahah dude bleeding elixirs isnt rocket science man, easy do it yourself job if you have the bleed kit

Posted: May 22, 2013 at 21:13 Quote
Anyone have issues with the levers easily snapping forward while riding. Not sure if it's because they are worn out or not. Guessing the pushrod housing is worn?
Any ideas?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011984
Mobile Version of Website