Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Author Message
Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
I know this has been discussed earlier in this thread a little bit but no one actually seemed to have an answer. I am basically wondering if any one has experience with running a Vivid Air on and older flatline (08-10). People talked about there "possibly" being fitment issues but I think they might have been talking about the newer frame that seems to have a little bit less room around the shock area. If anyone is running one I would greatly appreciate any input. Also I am planning on moving from a 8.75 to 9.5 eye to eye shock.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
Hello everyone, could someone explain to me the differences between the models of frame 2010-2011-2012?
thank you very much

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
hnr45 wrote:
Hello everyone, could someone explain to me the differences between the models of frame 2010-2011-2012?
thank you very much

2010-2012 all share the same frame. Only difference is the paint job. 2013 and newer have a slacker head angle by 1 degree.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 10:46 Quote
bboutin wrote:
hnr45 wrote:
Hello everyone, could someone explain to me the differences between the models of frame 2010-2011-2012?
thank you very much

2010-2012 all share the same frame. Only difference is the paint job. 2013 and newer have a slacker head angle by 1 degree.
Not entirely true. Until 2012 the Park still used the first gen Flatline frame. I think the pro did in 2010 as well but don't quote me on that.

Posted: Jan 21, 2015 at 11:02 Quote
I think the park frames had shorter chainstays and steeper HA.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 22:45 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
I know this has been discussed earlier in this thread a little bit but no one actually seemed to have an answer. I am basically wondering if any one has experience with running a Vivid Air on and older flatline (08-10). People talked about there "possibly" being fitment issues but I think they might have been talking about the newer frame that seems to have a little bit less room around the shock area. If anyone is running one I would greatly appreciate any input. Also I am planning on moving from a 8.75 to 9.5 eye to eye shock.

Anyone? Other option would be a CCDB AIr. . .

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 20:47 Quote
Finally did it. Took 2 days, a couple of hours each day. Damn the shock area of the bike was a bitch but I'm stoked with the results...
Before:

New 9.5 shock with Ti Coil and no more fork stickers.

During:



After:


What seat looks better? The Chromag or the white SDG?



I'm getting a new chainguide so I can drop the bash, and some new tires which should drop some more weight. I should be sub 40lbs by the end of this.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 20:55 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Finally did it. Took 2 days, a couple of hours each day. Damn the shock area of the bike was a bitch but I'm stoked with the results...
Before:






I'm getting a new chainguide so I can drop the bash, and some new tires which should drop some more weight. I should be sub 40lbs by the end of this.

Damn that looks sweet! The Chromag saddle gets my vote.

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 22:06 Quote
bboutin wrote:
Da-Moose wrote:
Finally did it. Took 2 days, a couple of hours each day. Damn the shock area of the bike was a bitch but I'm stoked with the results...
Before:






I'm getting a new chainguide so I can drop the bash, and some new tires which should drop some more weight. I should be sub 40lbs by the end of this.

Damn that looks sweet! The Chromag saddle gets my vote.
I agree the Chromag saddle is the way to go, it looks a bit far forward though.

Posted: Jan 26, 2015 at 9:00 Quote
Hey moose I notice you are in Utah. I live in SLC and am in the process of refreshing my flatline as well. If you want to anodize your frame I can recommend quality plating here in town, just got my frame back Friday and it looks pretty awesome (if you like green).



Before I took it all apart I had the bike at 39 LBS so getting it under 40 is definitely possible. I am putting on an air shock, lighter seat/ seat post, and wheels on so I am thinking I could drop a pound or so. will post the weight in a week or so. Just waiting for a new bushing kit from RM to get here.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 3:45 Quote
Soooo, I managed to trade up with very little cost. A local pro got picked up by a new team and dumped their 2014 flatline super cheap. Just finished getting her all built up with my old parts:

This:

To this:
Third Flatline is the charm

Only issue is a little play in one of the links. Main pivot and shock mounting is nice and tight, but the pivot between the links has a tiny bit of play. Would a new bearing kit or a new bushing kit be the fix? I don't know the difference between the bearings and bushings. After that I'm looking at getting a clutch derailleur and narrow wide, and some better brakes, and eventually better cranks and rims, but thats a long way off. The RC4 feels buttery.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 4:20 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
Soooo, I managed to trade up with very little cost. A local pro got picked up by a new team and dumped their 2014 flatline super cheap. Just finished getting her all built up with my old parts:

This:

To this:
Third Flatline is the charm

Only issue is a little play in one of the links. Main pivot and shock mounting is nice and tight, but the pivot between the links has a tiny bit of play. Would a new bearing kit or a new bushing kit be the fix? I don't know the difference between the bearings and bushings. After that I'm looking at getting a clutch derailleur and narrow wide, and some better brakes, and eventually better cranks and rims, but thats a long way off. The RC4 feels buttery.
Check the bushing for signs of wear first. If that not it then check the bearing for side to side play and make sure it still spins freely. I know on the newer models they added more Igus bushings in the link. Nice build!

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 21:26 Quote
"To this:"
Third Flatline is the charm

Hey look who it is, nice sled Moose!

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 15:21 Quote
Kind of an out of the blue question: Would a Medium 2010 RM Flatline pro fit someone who's 5'11?

Thanks,

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 15:33 Quote
leblank wrote:
Kind of an out of the blue question: Would a Medium 2010 RM Flatline pro fit someone who's 5'11?

Thanks,
it would be extremely cramped, you would have get a large


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024031
Mobile Version of Website