Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: May 5, 2015 at 17:40 Quote
It wouldn't be extremely cramped. Large would be better, but it's not like a Medium would be extremely tiny.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 18:01 Quote
Alright well i got the option between a 2010 RM Flatline pro (medium) or a 2010 RM Flatline park (large). Both for around the same price. Thoughts?

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 18:08 Quote
leblank wrote:
Alright well i got the option between a 2010 RM Flatline pro (medium) or a 2010 RM Flatline park (large). Both for around the same price. Thoughts?

Isn't the 2010 park the old style frame? And I say give the medium a ride to see how you feel on it, if it's too cramped or not.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 18:43 Quote
Well these are two bikes on buysell that are in other provinces (literally no 3000$> dh bikes for sale where i live) but, since I'm still 15 and I'm probably still going to grow a couple inches, should I just go with the park?

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 18:47 Quote
Yes if your going to keep growing, go for the park. No point in having a nicer bike if it doesn't fit.

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 20:30 Quote
leblank wrote:
Kind of an out of the blue question: Would a Medium 2010 RM Flatline pro fit someone who's 5'11?

Thanks,
im 6'1" ive had a medium 08 flatline and a 2012 flatline blackout medium..... the newer design has a shorter cockpit to the first gen but its still not "cramped". I do ride 8" dual crown forks though if that matters? id consider a large but it wouldnt be a must have whatsoever

Posted: May 5, 2015 at 20:31 Quote
I'm 6'1 and have had 2 of the new style flatlines, both mediums. They were a touch cramped, but I'm more of a freeride type guy and loved the fit of a medium. It's all preference. I vote you see if you can try any medium (any locals got one you could spin around on?). If you try it and don't like it go large.

Posted: May 6, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
I'm 6'1 and have had 2 of the new style flatlines, both mediums. They were a touch cramped, but I'm more of a freeride type guy and loved the fit of a medium. It's all preference. I vote you see if you can try any medium (any locals got one you could spin around on?). If you try it and don't like it go large.
yea ive never noticed it being crampybat all, im always impressed with how the bike performs LoL! my 08 medium felt better at high speeds, but it wasnt nearly as good for maneuvering. more of a sled as the newer style is more nimble but handles speed ok too :-P win win imo

Posted: Aug 7, 2015 at 10:37 Quote

Da-Mooses older flatline now Mini-DHBig Grin

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
My Flatline WC 2011 after a Stealth Makeover with new bits and custom graphics.

Few more bits to come in the new year Cool

Posted: Dec 16, 2015 at 19:16 Quote
Frame looks rad! Nice job!

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a flatline, (one of the older models) and can't quite figure out what size I need.
I rode a Medium session 88 and it felt really small. I know sizes can vary allot from different manufactures.

Is the older flatline a big medium? or should I go with a large?

I am 5'10

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
I'd go with a large personally. Medium would be cutting it real close, you'd be safe with getting a large.

Posted: Feb 22, 2016 at 11:06 Quote
I am 5'10'' and I rode a Med, for me it was perfect.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012554
Mobile Version of Website