Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post Your Rocky Mountain Flatline!
Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 11:52 Quote
simon03 wrote:
Thanks PlumStick13-Magnus Wink

dhrunner wrote:
Isn't it a dh shock though? Dh bikes usually have a higher leverage ratio. What's the ratio anyways? 8.5/3 = 2.8?
That's a pretty normal for a big bike.

I wish I could afford a CCDBFrown

When I speak about high leverage ratio i speak about the progressivity between the beginning of the stroke and the end.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3890127/

The difference is very important on a flatline, its why it works well with bad rear shock as fox, vivid which don't require a good damping.

For the cane creek, i live in France and with the € i have sold the rc4 to a french et bought the ccdb for the less price in usa.

dhrunner wrote:
I also like how you have a boxxer, BOS sticker, FOX sticker, and a Canecreek shock:P

lol when I have received the frame I had a fox rc4 and i have put it a bos stoy which i had but after 2 stoy i would try ccdb. In waiting it comes, i rode with vivid 5.1 and now I ride with ccdb ^^

I should think to remove the stickers particularly the fox ! :p

Since you've tried pretty much every coil shock, which one did you like the most?Smile

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 14:44 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
sniperbob02 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:

8.5 inches travel divided by the shock's stroke equals average leverage ratio (over full compression)
a foes mono has a huge shock but only 2:1 ratio lol

?

I don't think you quite understand what I'm talking about.. and the foes achieves a low leverage ratio by having a suspension design that can give it 10inches of travel from a 5 inch stroke shock. The benefits are being able to run a very light spring rate (about 150-200lbs i think) which in turn saves weight and supposedly shock adjustments make more of a difference when using a low leverage ratio.

A huge shock or a small shock doesn't matter. It's about SHOCK STROKE and rear wheel travelSmile
it cant be since the corsair maelstrom has a 10.5 3.5 shock but only 2:1 ratio but if you do 10.5/3.5= 3. its actualy the travel in inch divided by the shock stroke in inch so its 7``/3.5=2 so a 2:1 leverage ratio

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 at 17:32 Quote
sniperbob02 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:
sniperbob02 wrote:
a foes mono has a huge shock but only 2:1 ratio lol

?

I don't think you quite understand what I'm talking about.. and the foes achieves a low leverage ratio by having a suspension design that can give it 10inches of travel from a 5 inch stroke shock. The benefits are being able to run a very light spring rate (about 150-200lbs i think) which in turn saves weight and supposedly shock adjustments make more of a difference when using a low leverage ratio.

A huge shock or a small shock doesn't matter. It's about SHOCK STROKE and rear wheel travelSmile
it cant be since the corsair maelstrom has a 10.5 3.5 shock but only 2:1 ratio but if you do 10.5/3.5= 3. its actualy the travel in inch divided by the shock stroke in inch so its 7``/3.5=2 so a 2:1 leverage ratio

It's probably a 2:1 ratio at the end of the travel. Many frames are engineered with lower ratios towards the end of their travel for increased bottoming resistance. Many bikes start out with a high ratio for plushness and end with a very stiff, low ratio towards the end of their travel for bottoming resistance. What I'm talking about is the average suspension ratio, since almost all frames have slightly different ratios throughout their travel and I can't tell their exact ratios at different points in the travel.

Some bikes are very 'linear' and some a very 'progressive'. Have you ever heard about that? It all has to do with changing suspension ratios. However, two bikes that have the save travel and use the same stroke shock, could have the same average ratio, but different ratios at the same particular point in their travel.

Think about it mechanically/logically man, forget what you hear. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 7:36 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
simon03 wrote:

dhrunner wrote:
Isn't it a dh shock though? Dh bikes usually have a higher leverage ratio. What's the ratio anyways? 8.5/3 = 2.8?
That's a pretty normal for a big bike.

I wish I could afford a CCDBFrown

When I speak about high leverage ratio i speak about the progressivity between the beginning of the stroke and the end.

The difference is very important on a flatline, its why it works well with bad rear shock as fox, vivid which don't require a good damping.

For the cane creek, i live in France and with the € i have sold the rc4 to a french et bought the ccdb for the less price in usa.

dhrunner wrote:
I also like how you have a boxxer, BOS sticker, FOX sticker, and a Canecreek shock:P

lol when I have received the frame I had a fox rc4 and i have put it a bos stoy which i had but after 2 stoy i would try ccdb. In waiting it comes, i rode with vivid 5.1 and now I ride with ccdb ^^

Since you've tried pretty much every coil shock, which one did you like the most?Smile

The better is the stoy !
After i would the rc4 wich is tuned for the flatline and direct mounted because I had a rc4 wich didn't have specific tuning and it was very bad, the wheel bump, tapp it smashed into the lot
After the vivid is a few under the rc4 but there is a gap between the stoy and the rc4.

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 11:11 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
sniperbob02 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:

?

It's probably a 2:1 ratio at the end of the travel. Many frames are engineered with lower ratios towards the end of their travel for increased bottoming resistance. Many bikes start out with a high ratio for plushness and end with a very stiff, low ratio towards the end of their travel for bottoming resistance. What I'm talking about is the average suspension ratio, since almost all frames have slightly different ratios throughout their travel and I can't tell their exact ratios at different points in the travel.

Some bikes are very 'linear' and some a very 'progressive'. Have you ever heard about that? It all has to do with changing suspension ratios. However, two bikes that have the save travel and use the same stroke shock, could have the same average ratio, but different ratios at the same particular point in their travel.

Think about it mechanically/logically man, forget what you hear. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about.
I seriously dont but wtver I dont care much I had my info from corsair lol not pinkbike groupy

Posted: Mar 4, 2011 at 13:26 Quote
simon03 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:
simon03 wrote:

The better is the stoy !
After i would the rc4 wich is tuned for the flatline and direct mounted because I had a rc4 wich didn't have specific tuning and it was very bad, the wheel bump, tapp it smashed into the lot
After the vivid is a few under the rc4 but there is a gap between the stoy and the rc4.

Alright thanks dude! I guess any shock I get I'll have to tune to the bike anyways:P

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
Got my forkSmile Pics up sooonBig Grin Maybe once this snow meltsJail

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 9:03 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
Got my forkSmile Pics up sooonBig Grin Maybe once this snow meltsJail
what fork?

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 9:09 Quote
The bike show is just about the most expensive place you could buy a 40. why buy from there? They were like close to 2 grand when I saw them

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 9:39 Quote
I got it for 1400 I'm obviously not stupid enough to buy it at that price..

2011 40Smile

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 16:09 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
I got it for 1400 I'm obviously not stupid enough to buy it at that price..

2011 40Smile
nice

Posted: Mar 6, 2011 at 20:28 Quote

Newest pics of my flatline thats for sale.

Posted: Mar 27, 2011 at 12:32 Quote

Hi all
this is my Flatline park, just got it and i m ready to shred the Greek mountains with it !!!

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 12:31 Quote
Hey Everybody,

Here is my Custom Flatline... Built it for the upcoming season in Whistler.

The Specs:

Frame: 2009 Rocky Mountain Flatline, Special Edition
Fork: 2010 Boxxer World Cup
Shock: 2011 Fox DHX RC4
Crank: Race Face Atlas FR
Brakes: Avid Elixir CR
Derailleur & Shifter: Sram X9 (10 speed)
Chainguide & Bash: e13 LG+
Wheels: Easton Havoc DH
Tires: Maxxis Minion (F) & Maxxis High Roller (R)
Pedals: Straitline Fire
Handlebar: Race Face Atlas AM
Stem: Race Face SL Direct Mount
Saddle: Syncros AM
Chainring: Race Face Single Ring
Grips: Ergon GA1

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 at 12:36 Quote
DoubleDog wrote:
Hey Everybody,

Here is my Custom Flatline... Built it for the upcoming season in Whistler.

The Specs:

Frame: 2009 Rocky Mountain Flatline, Special Edition
Fork: 2010 Boxxer World Cup
Shock: 2011 Fox DHX RC4
Crank: Race Face Atlas FR
Brakes: Avid Elixir CR
Derailleur & Shifter: Sram X9 (10 speed)
Chainguide & Bash: e13 LG+
Wheels: Easton Havoc DH
Tires: Maxxis Minion (F) & Maxxis High Roller (R)
Pedals: Straitline Fire
Handlebar: Race Face Atlas AM
Stem: Race Face SL Direct Mount
Saddle: Syncros AM
Chainring: Race Face Single Ring
Grips: Ergon GA1
I love the black color frame

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016209
Mobile Version of Website