Empire 5 or similar bikes

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Empire 5 or similar bikes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:13 Quote
Im looking at getting a new fully to ride this year. My current one is a trek session 77 and i feel that it is a little too big for what i need. I was looking into the Empire 5 due to the parts spec on it and the fact i get a great deal. Now one of my friends just got the empire 5 and doesnt want me to get it well because he has one. Is there any bikes in the similar price range to the emipre 5 with around 5 to 6 inch of travel that still has a great parts spec to start out with. My shop carrys norco specialized santa cruz trek banshee intense foes. I can olny get these bikes due to discount

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:18 Quote
I would look into the trek remedy 7 if i were you there nice light,strong and basically can handle anything you throw at it.You might just wanna change out some parts on it for some burlier parts

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
hodgie713 wrote:
I would look into the trek remedy 7 if i were you there nice light,strong and basically can handle anything you throw at it.You might just wanna change out some parts on it for some burlier parts
the olny issue is right now i dont have money to upgrade to beefier parts and i would need new wheels new bar and stem chain guide that bike would be sick but too mmuch money to make into a slopestyleish rig

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
what about the banshee wildcard
ive heard nothing but good things about them
although im not sure if u can buy them complete
i know its a frame only in the u.k unless you get a custom build

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
try for a santa cruz bullit.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 10:41 Quote
I'd go with either a Banshee Wild Card or Intense SS. Thought you could just buy the empire 5 and smack your friend for being so whiney.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
sx trails are nice, i my self am getting an empire 5 and it feels similer to the sx

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 11:35 Quote
i was gonna get a wildcard but its too much of a pain building a custom bike and way more money

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
skinna wrote:
i was gonna get a wildcard but its too much of a pain building a custom bike and way more money

Banshee offers build kits for the bike, though it will still probably come in more than the Five.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
skinna wrote:

Banshee offers build kits for the bike, though it will still probably come in more than the Five.
i get the 5 for 2500 soooo i think its the cheapest option

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
Smack around your friend, then buy the five. Who cares if you have the same bike. If it's a popular bike there's going to be tons of them out there

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
Buy it and get some better pedals. Then your bike will be better than his.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
iridedj wrote:
Buy it and get some better pedals. Then your bike will be better than his.
the min i get it probally gonna have new shifter deraillure new brakes new stem and bar and pedals

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:16 Quote
So you're getting the 5?

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
So you're getting the 5?
i really think soo im gonna discuss with my buddy but right now for 2470 its the cheapest best option

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012061
Mobile Version of Website