Show your mongoose

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your mongoose
Author Message
Posted: Aug 6, 2012 at 8:32 Quote
amonas wrote:
no flex at the back for me.
regarding the pivot bearings, i replaced the factory ones with SKF(8 months ago), and still run smooth.but generally speaking, factory bearings are not top quallity bearings.i think they do this in order to reduce cost.for example I had to replace my sun ringle hub bearings after 3 months of use....
What was the model number for those SKF ones?

Yeah well the last time I torqued the bolts up in think I did it too tight (lack of a torque wrench in my garage) - So I've eased off a bit, but they're only little bearings so I don't think they can take that much...

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 at 9:33 Quote
Torque values for 2008 Mongoose Khyber
2008 Khyber torque values, if you can't find it on there website.

I found with mine the bearings wore out quickly, I've now stripped the bike down and sold most of the parts, just got the frame and shock to go. I thought I would be nice and put new bearings in before I sold it. But as I came to put the last one in I snapped the pivot bolt Cry and now I'm struggling to find a new one.....

Posted: Aug 7, 2012 at 14:00 Quote
ive been through a hell of a lot of pivot bearing in my teocali all skf around 4 sets now but thats scottish trails for you Smile

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 6:10 Quote
Internetbiker wrote:
Torque values for 2008 Mongoose Khyber
2008 Khyber torque values, if you can't find it on there website.

I found with mine the bearings wore out quickly, I've now stripped the bike down and sold most of the parts, just got the frame and shock to go. I thought I would be nice and put new bearings in before I sold it. But as I came to put the last one in I snapped the pivot bolt Cry and now I'm struggling to find a new one.....

Thanks for getting that image up.

Btw Winstanleys do all the spares for a khyber frame:
BB Pivot Bolt

Main Pivot Bolt

Posted: Aug 8, 2012 at 10:39 Quote
[Quote="admarshall"]
amonas wrote:
no flex at the back for me.
regarding the pivot bearings, i replaced the factory ones with SKF(8 months ago), and still run smooth.but generally speaking, factory bearings are not top quallity bearings.i think they do this in order to reduce cost.for example I had to replace my sun ringle hub bearings after 3 months of use....
What was the model number for those SKF ones?

i managed to find only the model number for the top bearings(the big ones), and not for the lower.its " 124H SKF EXPLORER 6000-2RSH".
if you want to find the model No for the smalls,i suggest you go to your local SKF dealer with the old ones.

Posted: Aug 12, 2012 at 6:01 Quote
admarshall wrote:
Thanks for getting that image up.

Btw Winstanleys do all the spares for a khyber frame:
BB Pivot Bolt

Main Pivot Bolt

Thanks for that, but my local bike shop managed to get hold of one for me! Now I've got the frame all cleaned up with new bearings in and up for sale, will be really sad to see it go!

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 19:51 Quote
I posted my teocali before but added some goodies since..

Upgrades..

E13 ls1+ chainguide
RF Evolve Ss Cranks (former sramX9 2x10)
RF 32t chainring
Thomson post
Easton Haven bar/stem
Fat Albert Ust snakeskins
HT flats

Stock...

RS Revelation Rl
RS Monarch rt3
Elixir 5.s
Ztr Crest wheels
My New Single Speed Set Up -RaceFace Evolve SS Crankset -RaceFace 32t Gold Chainring -E thirteen Ls1 Chainguide
Added some gold bling to the X9

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 22:03 Quote
Yeah. Can't do that in the forums man.

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 22:07 Quote
Oh man sorry.. didn't realize it was a nono

Posted: Aug 17, 2012 at 22:37 Quote
No worries dude. Now ya know Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 at 0:01 Quote
My 2009 Teocali Super
2009 Mongoose Teocali Super
  2009 Mongoose Teocali Super

2009 Mongoose Teocali Super
  2009 Mongoose Teocali Super

2009 Mongoose Teocali Super
  2009 Mongoose Teocali Super

2009 Mongoose Teocali Super
  2009 Mongoose Teocali Super

2009 Mongoose Teocali Super
  2009 Mongoose Teocali Super

Posted: Sep 11, 2012 at 13:23 Quote
guys i visited the official mongoose website in order to check for the new 2013 models(if available) and the whole gravity section (bootr and pinnr) was missing!!.did they stop producing those models?any feedback would be more than welcome.....!!!

ps:was planning to get the bootr one!!!!!! :-/

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 at 20:22 Quote
amonas wrote:
guys i visited the official mongoose website in order to check for the new 2013 models(if available) and the whole gravity section (bootr and pinnr) was missing!!.did they stop producing those models?any feedback would be more than welcome.....!!!/

Don't know for certain, but I located a 2013 catalog online and it pretty much mirrors whats on the website. Cry Mad

Link

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 at 10:26 Quote
Hey guys - I'm trying to sell my 2006 teocali elite frame, and someone just asked me about the possibility of squeezing a 650b wheel/tire on it. I would measure it for him, but because of some dbag not paying, it is already all boxed up so I can't. Would anyone mind checking for me? I was running a super fat tire and never had an issue with mud clearance or tire rub, but I'd like to give him a more definite answer. Thanks in advance for any help!


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018230
Mobile Version of Website