Santa cruz driver 8

PB Forum :: Downhill
Santa cruz driver 8
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 8:54 Quote
right anyways...

does anybody have a front shifter setup on a driver 8? does it work?

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
dutchster wrote:
right anyways...

does anybody have a front shifter setup on a driver 8? does it work?
on the sc website, they say since the front derailleur would interfere with the linkage you can only fit a hammershmidt

FL
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 10:22 Quote
My riding buddy just got his driver last week and it is sweet! This is a big bike for sure and having a front derailleur wouldn't be worth it IMHO. This is not a bike you are going to pedal. Big bike...big fun! I want one.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
i was talking to a mech at a local bike store, he said the driver 8 is not really a FR/DH bike, more like a DH bike, just not as big as the v10. so....it makes sence that SC wasent going to make compromises for a f. derailler in that case. and it means its not really what im looking for....oh well.

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
dutchster wrote:
i was talking to a mech at a local bike store, he said the driver 8 is not really a FR/DH bike, more like a DH bike, just not as big as the v10. so....it makes sence that SC wasent going to make compromises for a f. derailler in that case. and it means its not really what im looking for....oh well.
look at the marin quake (quad xlt) i was going to ge a driver 8 until i found out that it was too dh bike for me

FL
Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 20:46 Quote
Saw a Driver 8 at an LBS today. Black frame, white bars, white Totem, and red DT Swiss wheels. SEXY!

Posted: Jul 18, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
dutchster wrote:

run one with a hammershmit, or check out the specialized demo 7II

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 10:17 Quote
Transition Blindside!

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
gary63 wrote:
Transition Blindside!
+1 tup

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
'sigh' i miss the VP-Free

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 20:15 Quote
you can still get vp free frames for pretty cheap online, and there are a bunch of used ones all over the place.
plus santa cruz sells bearing kits, and drops and all that other good nessecary stuff, so that your not screwed if you like the old guy.
i think its cool, that they dont leave you out cold if you ride one of their old bikes....
i like the vp free too.....
thye just wanted better shock thingys and stuff to happen neat.

FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
Saw a Driver 8 at an LBS today. Black frame, white bars, white Totem, and red DT Swiss wheels. SEXY!
I was at the same shop yesterday and a worker was putting Peaty's on my friends bike. I saw yet another Driver 8 on the bike rack. this one was white with a Fox 40. So I asked him:
"Whose Driver 8 is that over there?"
"Which one?"
"The white one."
"Mine."
"Oh. That's a nice bike you got there."
"It's OK. I liked the V-10 better, until it snapped in half."

Confused Snapped V-10?

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
maximumradness wrote:
you can still get vp free frames for pretty cheap online,

Where?

FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
maximumradness wrote:
you can still get vp free frames for pretty cheap online,

Where?
eBay

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 21:07 Quote
her are some driver 8's i've found
photo

photo

photo

photo

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018622
Mobile Version of Website