Old Guy Needs Inspiration!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Old Guy Needs Inspiration!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
I am 44 years old and ride everyday with my 15 year old son. We mainly ride DJ and Park. Sometimes I have a hard time motivating myself to progress. Is it possible to keep getting better at my age?
Please post stories, photos and videos that will inspire me to keep going!

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
just have fun and enjoy to chill with your sonSmile me and my dad love to ride even though we're not the best

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
it is possible:
Views: 1,629    Faves: 1    Comments: 14

that video is called "44 year old backflip attempt".

as for how, just ride as much as you can. ride with someone who's at your level and try to 1 up each other at everything. this will make you go bigger than you have before and try stuff you wouldn't when riding alone or with someone more skilled than you

EDIT sorry I didn't realize this was you... my bad...

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
echocompany wrote:
just have fun and enjoy to chill with your sonSmile me and my dad love to ride even though we're not the best
Unfortunately, I'm not a very chill person. I'm a bit of a spaz and I don't act my age.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
heres a video of me you can see progression through the video
Views: 3,380    Faves: 10    Comments: 15

being that your 44 and just tried a backflip for your first time this weekend id say your progressing just fine. keep killing it Jon!!

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:09 Quote
JonFaure wrote:
echocompany wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm not a very chill person. I'm a bit of a spaz and I don't act my age.
in that case, try to go with the flow. pretend your sixteen and your only objective in life is to sleep while you're awake.... haha I know that's mine!

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:12 Quote
singletrackman wrote:
it is possible:

as for how, just ride as much as you can. ride with someone who's at your level and try to 1 up each other at everything. this will make you go bigger than you have before and try stuff you wouldn't when riding alone or with someone more skilled than you

That video was of me. I'm a bit depressed right now because I didn't keep trying. I only tried 1 and I think I could have pulled my next try. That's why I'm looking for some inspiration. I do agree with having someone to ride with that you can try a 1 up each other.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
photo

You still got quite a lot of riding to do. My dad's 53 and still keeps getting better and better. This is him two weeks ago (that gap is ~20' or so). When downhill race season comes about, that's when the fun really begins.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
photo

You still got quite a lot of riding to do. My dad's 53 and still keeps getting better and better. This is him two weeks ago (that gap is ~20' or so). When downhill race season comes about, that's when the fun really begins.
Wow! 53 and shreds! That is so awesome!

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:52 Quote
JonFaure wrote:
singletrackman wrote:
it is possible:

That video was of me. I'm a bit depressed right now because I didn't keep trying. I only tried 1 and I think I could have pulled my next try. That's why I'm looking for some inspiration. I do agree with having someone to ride with that you can try a 1 up each other.
Ha sorry I didn't see it was you... Just go back and try again! or do however many foam pit runs it takes.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
singletrackman wrote:
JonFaure wrote:
singletrackman wrote:
it is possible:

Ha sorry I didn't see it was you... Just go back and try again! or do however many foam pit runs it takes.
It would be another 3 1/2 hour drive up to Woodward West. I tried that flip after about 10 hours plus of riding. I'm ready to skip work, drive up there, flip and then drive back home. I can't get it out of my head.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:59 Quote
JonFaure wrote:
singletrackman wrote:
JonFaure wrote:

It would be another 3 1/2 hour drive up to Woodward West. I tried that flip after about 10 hours plus of riding. I'm ready to skip work, drive up there, flip and then drive back home. I can't get it out of my head.
Do it! president's day weekend is coming up... I wish my dad would lower his seat below nipple height, let alone try a backflip...

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 21:05 Quote
"I wish my dad would lower his seat below nipple height, let alone try a backflip"
Dude, that's funny!!!

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 21:44 Quote
Hey

I just turned 50. I ride with my son who's 14. We both joined a club a few years ago.the learning curve was painful. Allot of trips to massage and physio. I pack Advil along with a extra tube. Along with just spending time with my son. I have made a entire network of new friends.

I might even try racing this year Smile

Just get out and ride, you will feel great.Rolleyes

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.038602
Mobile Version of Website