Old Guy Needs Inspiration!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Old Guy Needs Inspiration!
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 7:33 Quote
smeckma wrote:

I know you might not believe me, but the food you are currently eating can also make the difference. Silly food makes people fat and stupid whereas intelligent food makes up for the brain and the body.

Tell me more about the "food" , Interested to hear what you have to say Bro, and I do as as much diversity as I can, includes street , park, XC, freeride , so I'm going to try and get heathy and I know what I put in gets out.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 7:56 Quote
It is quite simple, but to sort this particular out will be harder than it seems. To push good food down on you is pretty much as saying you want to sort yourself out in a way. When you first change your diet and fluids intake, for good I mean, a pain follows, but this is not so more a pain of the body as it is a pain of the brain. Just let me explain myself. If you come to think of it, it is not your body asking you for sweet stuff and the like, but your mind, who tricks you into believing you will be better off if you get high on it. Just say no an listen to your body. First thing which comes to mind is your bloody boss shouting the hell out of you. Then your mom and what she is currently going through. And what about your girlfriend? And his new boyfriend? Can you see where I am coming from? Now what? What is it you think is actually bothering you, the thing itself, or, rather, the way you silly bugger look on it. Change your food to change the way you look on things and die, but not quite, for shortly after you are very likely to feel yourself replenished in strength and monster power. You kind of need to forget who you are to become a f*cking yedy fighter. All of that crap about the force is actually true.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:09 Quote
One more thing. No drugs are allowed. If you guys feel like you still wanna do it, then maybe you can do some pot if you like. Obviously, you guys better off if you don't, but if you have to, pot will do it (or maybe some magic mushrooms). Good riders don't do any of the hard drugs, and please do note alcohol will fall into this category. No drugs means 0% alcohol intake and 0% intake of any of the other drugs there is about. I hope I've made myself clear.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:21 Quote
World class fitness in a hundred words. Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.

and drink beer!

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:30 Quote
I dont do any drugs anyway and I do drink beers and whiskey, not every day or even every weekend, I wanted to cut it out to get fitter ride harder and longer,
so no drugs and moderate drinking good food, thats me in the running,,or ridings..lol..

I try not to eat to much crap, eat the meat and veg, nuts etc as said, I do find working out a chore , a bore, I'd rather hit the trails and use that as a work out, I'm in it for fun, but with a edge of professionalism about that fun,

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:32 Quote
wow smecka , this is some serious thinking.
it sums up pretty much the way i live , not sure a bout the "mystic" of it tho. I prefer to rely on science. And science says , consume less (food or other) and move more.
i was litteraly re-born when i stopped smoking and eating fast foor 6 times a week and started to ride a mountain bike.Drugs were never an issue for me.

but back on topic ,

drive to progess is always hard to find ,
competition is one way , as you usually push more in a race . But it's hard for the DJ and freeride stuff.
please , never let go , be "rider" , yes a ridding dad in his 40's but thats secondary.(not to take anything away from it , you should be very proud of being that kind of person) push on the tech , look at it the same way a top rider would.
yes we mostly have jobs , relationships , families and other things to do , but i think that you progess more when you think of yourself as a rider , not , some "X" person who rides.

i'm 34.and a father.I'm a rider.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:36 Quote
wickrider wrote:

i'm 34.and a father.I'm a rider.

39, 3 months 40. Father and rider to,,, Salute ya Bro.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:30 Quote
Well I am 39 this may.. yeah i know not your age but i plan to still be doing it when I am.. I ride with my two sons 11 & 13 and they think I am crazy. As for me I just think I am still a teenager. and to be honest I have my kids to thank for that as it was them that got me started again after not doing it for 20 years, but the day I saw them trying tricks on there bmx's that was the day I went out and started showing them all the stuff I used to do.. I was a little rusty at it but when I pulled something of I was like wow I can still do this shit.. And that was it I just had to build myself a bike.

And what keeps me going.. well its the look on there face that show they are proud of there dad. when that look starts to turn into a cringe maybe I will stop then..lol

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 3:49 Quote
Well I doubt that it will inspire you, but my dad (40+) has now started DJ and Street. We got him a Flow Drift a couple of weeks ago and he comes out to the skatepark and dirtjumps with me and friends, I will try and get some pics of him next time if I remember and its OK with him Big Grin
Here is his Flow (Bottom):
photo

And BTW, When I was convincing him to start riding, he was unsure whether at his age he would be able to do it, I found your profile, showed him and we then went out to get his bike,
Thanks!Big Grin

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
Liam-rooney wrote:
Well I doubt that it will inspire you, but my dad (40+) has now started DJ and Street. We got him a Flow Drift a couple of weeks ago and he comes out to the skatepark and dirtjumps with me and friends, I will try and get some pics of him next time if I remember and its OK with him Big Grin
Here is his Flow (Bottom):
photo

And BTW, When I was convincing him to start riding, he was unsure whether at his age he would be able to do it, I found your profile, showed him and we then went out to get his bike,
Thanks!Big Grin
It does inspire me! Thanks so much for letting me know. I get frustrated with not being able to progress as fast as I want to with certain things. I appreciate your encouragement and keep me posted on how your dad's doing.

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
The following video was filmed in my friend's backyard. I'm 44 and Danny's 40. I called the video "84 year old dirt jumping". This guy's smooth style and skill is something I have always looked up to. I'm on the red & white bike and he's on the burgundy & blue bike. Enjoy?

Views: 448    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
JonFaure wrote:
I am 44 years old and ride everyday with my 15 year old son. We mainly ride DJ and Park. Sometimes I have a hard time motivating myself to progress. Is it possible to keep getting better at my age?
Please post stories, photos and videos that will inspire me to keep going!
sure it is possible to progress if you want to. just type in bmx in youtube. that always gets me inspired. either that or the mew doberman teaser anywhare 2

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029616
Mobile Version of Website