Anyone from Pennsylvania?

PB Forum :: USA - East
Anyone from Pennsylvania?
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
martis wrote:
Wisp tomorrow. Time to dust off the cobwebs.

gettin rid of the cobwebs at wisp?

wisp aint gonna do much. Make the trip to the shoe this weekend if u wanna get the cobs off! lol

O+
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
martis wrote:
Wisp tomorrow. Time to dust off the cobwebs.

gettin rid of the cobwebs at wisp?

wisp aint gonna do much. Make the trip to the shoe this weekend if u wanna get the cobs off! lol

here's the problem... I have to work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Seven Springs is only 40 minutes away from my workplace. Snowshoe isn't. I'm looking into heading up a few weeks from now, though. It seems pretty crazy.

And Wisp... I actually had a pretty good time there. Very different from Seven Springs, but wow, that lift is SLOW.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
martis wrote:
Hey everyone. The rest of the park crew and myself have been working like crazy over the past week and a half to finally get some new terrain and new features in at Seven Springs.

We've been benching, clearing, and raking the trail known as "Frankenstein" which is a very rocky, natural trail with lots of tight singletrack sections and a big, wide open drop at the end. It SHOULD be 100% finished and open by this weekend. We've been test riding it section by section and it still needs some fine tuning in spots, but all in all, there's really nothing else like it up there, and it's a blast to ride.

One thing which we've been hearing nearly everyone asking for has been a better feature exiting helen's woods onto showtime. Well, a twelve foot long "diving board" ladder bridge should fit the bill nicely. Chris and I spent about eight hours today planning, digging, cutting and driving screws. We finished building in a torrential downpour and managed to test ride it (in the wet...) a few times. It's prime. You flow nicely through the next two tabletops when it's hit at speed. Pictures should be posted on ride7springs.com tomorrow or the next day. I'll try and put some up on here as well.

Come up and ride.

O+
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
amen. just wait until you see/ride it. it's sweet.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 5:44 Quote
And Wisp... I actually had a pretty good time there. Very different from Seven Springs, but wow, that lift is SLOW.[/Quote]

I went up to Wisp a few weeks ago and i was really loving the steep decents and the rock gardens! But that lift... WTF?!?! Really?? Does it have to be that slow??

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
so i've heard that springs park is pulling in cash this summer (thanks to all that have been coming out). the owners are happy and giving the builders more freedom and will hopefully have more stuff in by the beginning of september. i'll try to get pics of any features that will be going in (hopefully soon)

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 23:49 Quote
Is anyone going to Blue Mountain Sept. 26&27?

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2011 at 12:52 Quote
Im in Cabot which is right beside Saxonburg and Butler. Im down to ride. I just moved here so I dont know any riders or riding spots, so hit me up if you wanna ride.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2011 at 17:58 Quote
eastsideride wrote:
Im in Cabot which is right beside Saxonburg and Butler. Im down to ride. I just moved here so I dont know any riders or riding spots, so hit me up if you wanna ride.

There's the Dr. J freeride area in North Park (near McCandless) and of course, Seven Springs.

Posted: Apr 5, 2011 at 18:23 Quote
eastsideride wrote:

You also have some great XC riding in Moraine State Park on the other side of Butler, out Rt.422 west of you.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 8:38 Quote
Yea I've heard of Seven Springs, I deffinately need to check that out. But thanks for the locations. Any DJ parks in PA?

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 20:13 Quote
eastsideride wrote:
Yea I've heard of Seven Springs, I deffinately need to check that out. But thanks for the locations. Any DJ parks in PA?

We're currently building one in North Park near the Dr. J freeride trail. Beginner jumps are almost done. There are plans for a larger set and a line of drops and some skinnies.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 at 20:27 Quote
eastsideride wrote:

The Dr. J area is going to be fantastic, and a huge leap forward due to the trails actually being legal and meticulously maintained by an amazingly dedicated and talented crew.

Pittsburgh used to be a hotbed of dirt jumping, with locations like PUSH and 819 trails. Both of those are long gone. The last ones I visited were the PTT trails in the South Hills. They were literally twice the size of anything I would hit. Seriously monstrous. I'm talking 10 foot tall takeoffs and landings built from perfect South Hills yellow clay.

I keep hearing rumblings of trails in various neighborhoods in the eastern suburbs, where i'm originally from. I know for sure that there's some well-manicured trails in undisclosed locations in Greensburg, Monroeville, Youngwood, Blairsville, and Belle Vernon. My old stomping grounds were Trafford trails, Level Green trails, Apple Hill, and a small area in Irwin. All of those have long since been plowed, with one exception.

Keep in mind that all of these trails are almost certainly illegal, and the locals are usually not friendly, especially to 26ers. Which is why I won't divulge any exact locations. Look hard enough in any town and you'll almost always find some dirt jumps, though.

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 at 14:02 Quote
cazzamazz wrote:
That aint in Doylestown mate? I dont really ride DJ's anywho, prefer riding Trails/DH.

I am in Lambertville / New Hope. I am always up for a ride. Anything XC to DH.

Posted: Apr 12, 2011 at 12:39 Quote
banshee62 wrote:
so i've heard that springs park is pulling in cash this summer (thanks to all that have been coming out). the owners are happy and giving the builders more freedom and will hopefully have more stuff in by the beginning of september. i'll try to get pics of any features that will be going in (hopefully soon)

north face anyone?? Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.035472
Mobile Version of Website