What is the easiest trick to do on a dj ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is the easiest trick to do on a dj ?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:00 Quote
me and my mates are going biking soon, i want to try a little trick....
what do you think is the easiest trick to do ?
cheers

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:04 Quote
one hander or no footer, use shinpads for the no footer.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:06 Quote
BackCountry-AllMountain wrote:
use shinpads for the no footer.

it will be one hander then. i dont have shinpads.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:16 Quote
sidmtber wrote:
use shinpads for the no footer.

it will be one hander then. i dont have shinpads.

I would suggest buying some you won't regret it bro.

Also try just turning your handlebars really quickly in the air, theres a couple names for it but everyone where im from calls it an XP. Its not really a trick but its better then a dead sailor.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:23 Quote

I would suggest buying some you won't regret it bro.

Also try just turning your handlebars really quickly in the air, theres a couple names for it but everyone where im from calls it an XP. Its not really a trick but its better then a dead sailor.

ok cheers i will have a look for some. i will try the X up thing. great help cheers.

FL
Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:24 Quote
I call it a tweak its a quarter barspin maybe even a little whip

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
tables, if you mess up youll just end up rolling off the jumps, use your brakes youll be fine

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
dustgry wrote:
I call it a tweak its a quarter barspin maybe even a little whip

Exactly dude.

Push yourself.Helmet tup

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
Don't worry about tricks yet learn to ride. Build a nice tight set and learn to flow. You will notice as you get better that you will just develop a style and then tricks will come easier. I have seen guys do back flips that could not hit a line of small doubles. That is weak.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
ricar wrote:
Don't worry about tricks yet learn to ride. Build a nice tight set and learn to flow. You will notice as you get better that you will just develop a style and then tricks will come easier. I have seen guys do back flips that could not hit a line of small doubles. That is weak.

exactly, my trick bag is small but i can hit pretty much anything and with style. just get comfortable with ur bike and been in the air and then trick will just come to you

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
What is the easiest trick to do on a dj?
tabletops, x-ups, whips, 1 hander, 1 footer...

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 21:52 Quote
id say a whip. just a little style, so your not just getting straight air, or doing a dead sailor as some would say

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 21:55 Quote
a whip is also a good way to flow through a series of jumps, because your body is constantly moving, even when in the air. If you stay still while airing, sometimes your body starts to stiffen and then you dont land as nicely as you could. Whipping even a little can help u loosen up a lil and get used to the hang time.

edit- also whips are basically the only trick you can not land properly and still get away with it 9/10 times, because your front wheel stays straight, so even if you dont bring your back end back in time, just hang on and you'll ride it out no probs

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
lafalot wrote:
a whip is also a good way to flow through a series of jumps, because your body is constantly moving, even when in the air. If you stay still while airing, sometimes your body starts to stiffen and then you dont land as nicely as you could. Whipping even a little can help u loosen up a lil and get used to the hang time.
ya, theres videos of people jumping, where all they do is throw in whips on every jump, sometimes to set up for the landing, sometimes not, but the style is so nice and flowy, you dont care that theres no tricks (well, other than the whips)

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
A dead sailor is not just a straight air. A dead sailor is when you get off balance in the air and need to change your pants because you ate it or because you crapped in your pants.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023423
Mobile Version of Website