Photography in Morzine summer '09

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Photography in Morzine summer '09
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
So I'm going to be back in Morzine for the summer, but this time I'll be spending my days shooting photos of riders at the various tracks.

What I would like to know is if anyone would actually be interested in buying good quality photos of themselves riding?

I'd price the photos quite fairly compared to other businesses (you can pay up to 30€ for a single print in the winter) and they'd be available as prints or in digital format to take home, or be sent to your home. I'd cover a variety of the tracks during the week, so that you can get a range of photos on the different tracks, and they would be available to view online, where you can choose the photos that you want and order them. I'd also be available for individual/group photo shoots - perhaps you may want specific photos for a team/sponsor or for other reasons.

Basically i'm just putting the feelers out there to see what kind of interest there might be. If you can reply to the post with any feedback then that would be most appreciated. It doesn't matter whether or not you are actually going this summer, just let me know if it is something that you would be interested in purchasing.

Cheers Pinkbikers.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
I'd be interested. I was going to buy some last year when there was a shop taking photos on the pleney, but there wasn't any shots that I was overly fussed about.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 10:51 Quote
yeah sounds like a good plan, i'd def be interested. though i don't think i'll be out there this summer sadly Cry

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 13:51 Quote
gonna be staying in les gets between 15th and 22nd of aug and les arcs the week before, not sure on the fundage at the mo' what with the utterly weak pound but it's a cool idea, good luck

FL
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
hey man. Judging by your photos it would be a sweet shoot and get some good photos. I have found that people aren't willing to take the time (eg a day) off shorter holidays from some photos. Its probably an even harder time to get business now that digital cameras are so cheap/good nowadays. plus there is alot of competition with shops, hotels, chalets offering their own in-house photo/video services.

Another thing like Sam said was that a lot of photos were taken and not many he liked. which means do u charge per hour/ per day/ per photo? I'm not trying to put you off your idea, but it could def work as a hobby/at a casual level i just dont think as a full blown business(if this is what u are intending)

If your a local then maybe try and get a private guide thing going, where u can show people tracks for half day and then photo for half the day, selling the photos as an extra to guiding - plus u could stretch out business over a longer period of time as there are so many places to ride.

sorry for the long post but i love les gets/morzine and thought i'd give my 2 cents. hope it helps or at least provokes some thoughts...

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
good work fella, id be in....i live here in alpe dhuez and ride alot in les 2 alpes also, they have a guy doing it on one of the runs but he stands in a realy lame place, so the
photos just look pants ..and the price is crazy, so i would be game i spend a few days in morzine every year and look forward to seeing you there....im the guy on the sick cove shocker!!
good luck buddy

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 23:45 Quote
jonesym3 wrote:

If your a local then maybe try and get a private guide thing going, where u can show people tracks for half day and then photo for half the day, selling the photos as an extra to guiding - plus u could stretch out business over a longer period of time as there are so many places to ride.

Preety sure in France, only French people can be guides.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
well i know at least two guides that are most definately english, and not sure how official this business venture is going to be. if its cash in hand and word of mouth then i dont think anyone would mind anyway

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 at 0:12 Quote
I'd be interested as i'm out there this summer. It would have to be a very good price and quality though as we always take our own camera's.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
Thanks for the replies guys.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012909
Mobile Version of Website