An age old questions (for myself)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
An age old questions (for myself)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
Well, beings I may, or may not be biking this season (after a high ankle sprain, and possible ligament damage) I have come topthe following question, Is it really nessacery to know how to do any tricks when you go to the park, or is it ok just to romp around the park, and work n flo,w or after this (injury) should i just keep mangaling myself overr trying to do somthing new and cool.. Im just starting the forum topic to see how many riders think it is nessacery to do tricks, vs. those who just ride for fun, and cant really do anything (or if they can, they just dont do them as often)

Thank you for veiwing,

B8urban

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
b8urban wrote:
Well, beings I may, or may not be biking this season (after a high ankle sprain, and possible ligament damage) I have come topthe following question, Is it really nessacery to know how to do any tricks when you go to the park, or is it ok just to romp around the park, and work n flo,w or after this (injury) should i just keep mangaling myself overr trying to do somthing new and cool.. Im just starting the forum topic to see how many riders think it is nessacery to do tricks, vs. those who just ride for fun, and cant really do anything (or if they can, they just dont do them as often)

Thank you for veiwing,

B8urban
who cares aslong as your having fun?

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
I can't do anything on my bmx. well. flatland barspin... erm... just about above coping on 1/4's. but i love finding a concrete bowl or something and just flowing around. i don't care too much for tricks anymore. do simple stuff with style.
thats how i have fun and thats what matters.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 16:18 Quote
dirtbiker100 wrote:
I can't do anything on my bmx. well. flatland barspin... erm... just about above coping on 1/4's. but i love finding a concrete bowl or something and just flowing around. i don't care too much for tricks anymore. do simple stuff with style.
thats how i have fun and thats what matters.

ditto

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 17:37 Quote
You can but then it's all about flow. If you are not going to do tricks just try to be as smooth as glass. You have to have style no matter what you do or, well then it's just bad. So if there's no tricks in the bag, you gotta have smooth.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 18:20 Quote
I think tricks are over rated. I really appreciate a rider that is smooth and has style. Some have both but I much rather watch someone go big with style then someone hucking every trick in the book with a whole lot of ugly mixed in.

One thing about riding skate parks is there are a lot of tricks you can do that are just technical and not dangerous. Like, manuals, fakies and fun transfer lines.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
At the metro jam I watched Chris Doyle try to 180 a 25' table like a dozen times. He landed but was rollin to fast to get out of it. BIG SLOW 180.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
i think its fine to go to a park and just ride some smooth lines. when you do decide to do some tricks, you'll have lots of flow and style already, which is usually the opposite of what happens. also, you can still get air, hit some hips, throw a little whip. and not all tricks invole the legs (well, besides landing). you can do barspins, x ups, no handers, manuals, etc. but if you ever feel any pain, stop and take a break. people always say, be tough and suck it up, but thats been taken too far. you know you have an injury, so its fine to sit back and relax for a bit.

O+
Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
just ride is what I say, when I ride the skate park, all I ever do is hit lines and sometimes throw some sytle in there.. but other then that I just do the stuff that I enjoy doing... I enjoy 360's, manuels, x-ups, and throwing little whips and attempting flatties... so thats all I ever do when I am riding... while there are guys doing flairs over the hip... I guess its just what you enjoy..

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
I try not to feel like I need to impress anyone...biking should be personal. At the same time if I eat shit or do something stupid in front of a ton of people I feel like a fool. BUT...If you're enjoying yourself don't let anyone stop you, especially yourself.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
bankturn wrote:
I try not to feel like I need to impress anyone...biking should be personal. At the same time if I eat shit or do something stupid in front of a ton of people I feel like a fool. BUT...If you're enjoying yourself don't let anyone stop you, especially yourself.
i agree. the thing that drives me to ride is my dad, who passed away in 2003. he rode.(this post is in no way to get a bunch of those "sorry to hear" comments, just an example)

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:50 Quote
I haven't done a trick in years aside from hopping stuff. I see no point in risking injury to learn new tricks any more but at the same time still love riding a bike.

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
Good to hear boys thanks!!

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I haven't done a trick in years aside from hopping stuff. I see no point in risking injury to learn new tricks any more but at the same time still love riding a bike.
join the club! i'm gonna get some stuff down when I get the big bike, but nothing huge

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012659
Mobile Version of Website