DH handlebars that will not break after a few months

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH handlebars that will not break after a few months
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 8:35 Quote
I am looking for new bars that will not almost kill me. I am looking for suggestions. I had the B-52 bars(31.8mm clamp, 2.0" rise, 28"width, 8 deg sweep) and you can see what happened if you check my photos. They will be on a Turner Highline
All input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
Truvativ Hussefelt

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
trekliuid10 wrote:
Truvativ Hussefelt

or holzfeller, if youvve got more cash

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
Money is not an issue i just don't want them to break without warning. Also is alloy or Carbon fiber a better choice? I hear carbon is more likely to show signs before snapping.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
stryke wrote:
sunline v1's

I absolutely love mine. They have a little more back sweep than most others at 9 degrees instead of 8, but they feel really good and are super tough for how light they are.
I also have the V1 Carbon on another bike and they also have held up suprisingly well.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:43 Quote
Buy a titec el-norte II bar. I've ridden mine for 4 seasons. It's still going strong. Its heavy and super thick but if you want a bar that won't break...buy one.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
whats wrong with just a bit of copper piping?

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
trekliuid10 wrote:
Truvativ Hussefelt

+1 have yet to have a problem.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:48 Quote
ea50, ea70. never had a problem.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
Perhaps look into some chromo bars, if you feel like being different. You'll need a new stem, but chromo bars will bend instead of snapping off.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
Try some that are made of 2014Al - like Syncros 2014, Sunline (V2 not V1).
Well I suggest that because if Deity's blurb is correct then 2014Al is more likely to bend before breaking, it is of course heavier than other materials like 7000 series, but hopefully that means stronger as well.
Unfortunately though Deity's 2014 bars only come in 50mm rise which is aimed ad DJ'ers not DH'ers! But they do look burly compared to say Syncros Bulk bars that I also have.
If you are on a budget (or don't care about the brand and looks) then Hussefelts have to be worth a try, I know on forums here 2nd hand ones must go through a heap of different people in their life time and still survive!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
nlitworld wrote:
stryke wrote:
sunline v1's

I absolutely love mine. They have a little more back sweep than most others at 9 degrees instead of 8, but they feel really good and are super tough for how light they are.
I also have the V1 Carbon on another bike and they also have held up suprisingly well.

Best bars by FAR! i have ridden alot of bars and these are the best feeling and they are super strong. i have had no problem with the sunline v1 at 29.5 inches wide and .75 rise. i also run the sunline boxxer direct mount stem and with this combo it gets you nice and low. i run my front end as low as possible.
get sunline

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
Sunline V1's are the best!
Feel very strong and are nice a nice 28" (or even 29,5") wide. I have them on both my bikes.
Just buy them, you won't be disappointed Wink

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 at 10:16 Quote
yep as everyone said - V1's are the bars to have!

• Previous Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017127
Mobile Version of Website