best crank ever?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
best crank ever?
Previous Page |
Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:49 Quote
shimano saint ???????? anything better?

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:53 Quote
it's tempting to say middleburn. awesome cranks with an awesome warranty.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:54 Quote
The saint cranks are good but the shimano BB isn't. My mate had his for about a month and a half and the bearing have developed play. So he took it apart greased it all put it back together and nothing had changed.Maybe it was just his though because i havn't heard this happening to anyone else.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:56 Quote
in 2008 there will be a new best crank - the raceface NEXT XC Carbon!

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:57 Quote
HaggisOnABike wrote:
The saint cranks are good but the shimano BB isn't. My mate had his for about a month and a half and the bearing have developed play. So he took it apart greased it all put it back together and nothing had changed.Maybe it was just his though because i havn't heard this happening to anyone else.
thats the same thing thats happened to my GT

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:57 Quote
depends what riding your using them for actually, race face diabolous and saints are amazing 2 piece cranks, demolition, red line device or any other 48 spline bmx crank are reaaaally strong.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
the best crank ever is the sram trauvative holzfeller!!!by far!

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:02 Quote
downhillmaniak3 wrote:
the best crank ever is the sram trauvative holzfeller!!!by far!
ya holzfellers are like bombproof

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:06 Quote
Shimano Saints for DH and XT/XTR for XC,Trail,And all mountian.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:16 Quote
you have all overlooked profile! they are easily the best cranks ever. And holzfellers are shit i killed a set in a month - although i am a hack ha

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:18 Quote
get a brand new holzfeller with a new raceface dh sealded BB nd its bombproof!

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:42 Quote
My vote defently goes out to the RaceFace Diablous, Had a set on all my bike so stiff, way stiffer then Saints, and their warrenty is unbeatable, Had a problem, and Chad, the warrenty guy dropped off a new set for me at the shop and its like 40 mins out of his way.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 15:48 Quote
Saints for sure. the Diabolus' are heavier and like 2% stiffer..

plus they look better and you can hand tighten saints and they stay tight. with the diabolus you have to torque them on to stay tight. the bolts are better places on the non drive side. it distributes the force better.

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
mrstp wrote:
Saints for sure. the Diabolus' are heavier and like 2% stiffer..

plus they look better and you can hand tighten saints and they stay tight. with the diabolus you have to torque them on to stay tight. the bolts are better places on the non drive side. it distributes the force better.

well the weight thing is a myth, Saint measure the crank without BB and hard ware, while RF measures with BB and with hardware and rings.... And their much much stiffer, Rememeber the video RF had on their site where they wer testing a "competitors crank" the saints, they snaped were the RF started to flex, RF had to remove the movie because Shimano was threating to sue or soemthing. The RF altus Cranks are the same stiffness as the saints.

And the whole bolt on the drive side thing is there for a reason, Normally the Non-drive die of a set of cranks loosens first, hence why RF put he bolt on the drive side and have the non drive side Semi attached. Plus the RF cranks you can press a new BB spindle have you so how damaged it, while th esaints Your SOL. The distrubution of force?!?!?! what force, the human body unclipped can't even pull 1/8 of a HP, ths penuts when it come to either the saint or Diablous cranks, and Ive never heard anyone ever talk about that? Could you explain a little further?

Posted: Nov 3, 2007 at 18:07 Quote
I have had a saint set and RF set in my hands saints felt lighter.
I dont know what your going to snap a saint arm but you must jump in to rock pits.

Personaly My vote go's to the saints but race Face makes a close second.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005167
Mobile Version of Website